cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scrollwhell clicked

NicoEFI
Associate III

Hello

I want to make a scrollwheel as a menu, when the user clicks on the central image, the window changes.
By following tutorial 4, I managed to adapt it to my needs.
How to do so that when the user clicks on the central image, the window changes. I was thinking of reusing itemIndex via setNumber already used in MenuElement.hpp, but I can't do it.

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/tutorials/tutorial-04

NicoEFI_0-1708179782437.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JTP1
Lead

Hello

I think only way to get clicks from scrollWheel is to use Mixins - ClickListener. But then you get all press/release events on the area of scrollWhell, so you must filters unwanted clicks in the code.

So this requirement, that you want to accept clicks only to the icon in the middle, makes it bit more difficult.

Maybe sometinhg like this works. First set ClickListener on in your scrollWhell- widget:

JTP1_0-1708268874927.png

Then in view.hpp add definition of click handler and couple of variables (public- area):

// Handler for scrollWhell clickListener
	void scrollWheelClickHandler(const touchgfx::ScrollWheelWithSelectionStyle & , const ClickEvent& e);

// variable for save the index of middle item
	int lastCenterItem=0;

// Variable for saving the scrollWheel Pressed X coord.
	int wheelPressedX=0;

and to protected:

// Callback which is executed when click (Press/release/cancel) is happened on the scrollWheel Area
  	Callback<MainView, const touchgfx::ScrollWheelWithSelectionStyle &, const ClickEvent&> scrollWheelClickedCallback;

(replace MainView with for view name eg Screen1View etc).

Then view.cpp add the Clicked callback to constructor. If you allready have some other callbacks there, make a list like here:

MainView::MainView() :
  scrollWheelAnimateToCallback(this, &MainView::scrollWheelAnimateToHandler),
   scrollWheelClickedCallback(this, &MainView::scrollWheelClickHandler) 
{
}

Then maybe in setupScreen- function, add setAction for new callback:

void MainView::setupScreen()
{
    //.
    //.
    scrollWheel.setClickAction(scrollWheelClickedCallback);

Then add the actual clickHandler:

void MainView::scrollWheelClickHandler(const  touchgfx::ScrollWheelWithSelectionStyle &b, const ClickEvent& evt)
{
    if (&b == &scrollWheel)
    {
		 //Implement what should happen when 'scrollWheel' is touched/clicked here.
		switch(evt.getType())
		{
			case ClickEvent::PRESSED:

// when pressed down, the X coordinate is saved for later comparasion
				wheelPressedX=evt.getX();

break;

case ClickEvent::RELEASED:
				touchgfx_printf("Wheel Released x=%d,mid=%d\n",evt.getX(),scrollWheel.getWidth()/2);

// first calculate pressed and released x position difference. 
				// Then check the x movement during click is enough small (<5). Otherwise when drag and end it on the middle, would also be identified as click on the middle
				if(abs(wheelPressedX-evt.getX())<5)
				{
					// Then check that click has happen on the middle area. 
                     // Adjust '46' as half of your WheelItem width or make some automation to get it somewhere !!
					if(abs((scrollWheel.getWidth()/2)-evt.getX())<46)
					{
						// use the variable set by 'animate to' function last time
						// Add here your code !!	                

touchgfx_printf("Mid clicked, item %d\n",lastCenterItem);
					}
				}
			break;
			default:
				// this handles CANCEL- events ! Otherwise simulator gives warning
			break;

}
    }
}

It is not perfect example, just idea how to filter away drag - releases and clicks to other than center item.

Note that touchgfx_printf (simulator console print) needs: #include <touchgfx/Utils.hpp> in view.cpp.

This example is made and tested in 'Scroll Wheel and List' example. It is also attached. you can run simulator.exe from \TouchGFX\build\bin to see what it does. Its made with 4.21.4 but most likely it can be opened also in the later versions.

This example project is bit confusing since there is also possible to select scrollList instead of scrollWheel, but hopefully it helps.

Br JTP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JTP1
Lead

Hello

Maybe check also the Scroll Wheel and List example.

JTP1_0-1708193881898.png

With that example you can compare Scroll Wheel and Scroll list behaviour. I think you can achieve your needs much easier with Scroll List. In Scroll Wheel it is difficult separate drag from click, since you get only callback when items are updated.

Or have you allready use Scroll Wheel - mixins - ClickListener- method to get click events from wheel ? With that it is possible.

Br JTP

Thanks for the answer, my scrollwhell works and the icons change, but how do I click to make a choice. I find it surprising that I haven't found any tutorial on clicking a scrollwheel to choose an option based on drag?

NicoEFI
Associate III

or how to use "handleClickEvent" with a scrollwheel in tutorial 4

JTP1
Lead

Hello

I think only way to get clicks from scrollWheel is to use Mixins - ClickListener. But then you get all press/release events on the area of scrollWhell, so you must filters unwanted clicks in the code.

So this requirement, that you want to accept clicks only to the icon in the middle, makes it bit more difficult.

Maybe sometinhg like this works. First set ClickListener on in your scrollWhell- widget:

JTP1_0-1708268874927.png

Then in view.hpp add definition of click handler and couple of variables (public- area):

// Handler for scrollWhell clickListener
	void scrollWheelClickHandler(const touchgfx::ScrollWheelWithSelectionStyle & , const ClickEvent& e);

// variable for save the index of middle item
	int lastCenterItem=0;

// Variable for saving the scrollWheel Pressed X coord.
	int wheelPressedX=0;

and to protected:

// Callback which is executed when click (Press/release/cancel) is happened on the scrollWheel Area
  	Callback<MainView, const touchgfx::ScrollWheelWithSelectionStyle &, const ClickEvent&> scrollWheelClickedCallback;

(replace MainView with for view name eg Screen1View etc).

Then view.cpp add the Clicked callback to constructor. If you allready have some other callbacks there, make a list like here:

MainView::MainView() :
  scrollWheelAnimateToCallback(this, &MainView::scrollWheelAnimateToHandler),
   scrollWheelClickedCallback(this, &MainView::scrollWheelClickHandler) 
{
}

Then maybe in setupScreen- function, add setAction for new callback:

void MainView::setupScreen()
{
    //.
    //.
    scrollWheel.setClickAction(scrollWheelClickedCallback);

Then add the actual clickHandler:

void MainView::scrollWheelClickHandler(const  touchgfx::ScrollWheelWithSelectionStyle &b, const ClickEvent& evt)
{
    if (&b == &scrollWheel)
    {
		 //Implement what should happen when 'scrollWheel' is touched/clicked here.
		switch(evt.getType())
		{
			case ClickEvent::PRESSED:

// when pressed down, the X coordinate is saved for later comparasion
				wheelPressedX=evt.getX();

break;

case ClickEvent::RELEASED:
				touchgfx_printf("Wheel Released x=%d,mid=%d\n",evt.getX(),scrollWheel.getWidth()/2);

// first calculate pressed and released x position difference. 
				// Then check the x movement during click is enough small (<5). Otherwise when drag and end it on the middle, would also be identified as click on the middle
				if(abs(wheelPressedX-evt.getX())<5)
				{
					// Then check that click has happen on the middle area. 
                     // Adjust '46' as half of your WheelItem width or make some automation to get it somewhere !!
					if(abs((scrollWheel.getWidth()/2)-evt.getX())<46)
					{
						// use the variable set by 'animate to' function last time
						// Add here your code !!	                

touchgfx_printf("Mid clicked, item %d\n",lastCenterItem);
					}
				}
			break;
			default:
				// this handles CANCEL- events ! Otherwise simulator gives warning
			break;

}
    }
}

It is not perfect example, just idea how to filter away drag - releases and clicks to other than center item.

Note that touchgfx_printf (simulator console print) needs: #include <touchgfx/Utils.hpp> in view.cpp.

This example is made and tested in 'Scroll Wheel and List' example. It is also attached. you can run simulator.exe from \TouchGFX\build\bin to see what it does. Its made with 4.21.4 but most likely it can be opened also in the later versions.

This example project is bit confusing since there is also possible to select scrollList instead of scrollWheel, but hopefully it helps.

Br JTP

Many thanks JTP

Thank you for your code, I was able to modify it and make it work on a single project but when I integrate it into a more complete project it no longer works. Yet I used the same screen...

I have an error:
" gui/src/main_screen/MainView.cpp: In member function 'virtual void MainView::scrollWheelUpdateItem(imageContainer&, int16_t)':
gui/src/main_screen/MainView.cpp:74:14: error: 'class imageContainer' has no member named 'updateImage'
item.updateImage(Bitmap(BITMAP_ICON00_ID));
^~~~~~~~~~~
gui/src/main_screen/MainView.cpp:77:14: error: 'class imageContainer' has no member named 'updateImage'
item.updateImage(Bitmap(BITMAP_ICON01_ID));
^~~~~~~~~~~
.....”

code : 

void MainView::scrollWheelUpdateItem(imageContainer& item, int16_t itemIndex)
{
//item.updateText(itemIndex);
switch (itemIndex)
{
case 0:
item.updateImage(Bitmap(BITMAP_ICON00_ID));
break;
case 1:
item.updateImage(Bitmap(BITMAP_ICON01_ID));
break;
case 2:
item.updateImage(Bitmap(BITMAP_ICON02_ID));