cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747I-DISCO 16-bit Color Depth Problem

Gökhan
Associate II

Hello,

I have a stm32h747i-disco board. When I create a touchGFX project by using touchGFX designer template, it works perfectly. Its color depth is 24-bit and when I change color depth to 16-bit(RGB565), it fails.

To change color depth to 16-bit, firstly I am changing Framebuffer Pixel Format section to RGB565 like in the below:

1.png

Then I am changing the Layer 0 - Pixel Format section to RGB565 like in the below:

2.png

Before pressing to cubeMX save button, I am deleting target folder. After that, pressing cubeMX save button. Ref: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-touch-gfx-and-gui/8-bpp-color-palette/m-p/221627

Later, I am opening touchGFX project and as you can see it is 16-bit now.

3.png

Then I am pressing "generate code" button and finally, i'm downloading new 16-bit project to stm32h747-i disco but it shows me this screen when I try to use 16-bit color depth. It fails.

4.jpg

However, when i use 24-bit color depth, it shows me this screen as expected and works without any problem!!!

5.jpg

How can I use STM32H747I-DISCO development board with 16-bit color depth? What am I missing? What should I do? Thank you for all answers!

13 REPLIES 13

When you switch OTM to 565 same change need point 3. And ofcourse you check if in OTM code 565 change realy somethink.

Gökhan
Associate II

Yes, I did and I checked but no change. What else I can do? I must solve this problem.

Well, I'd try disabling TouchGFX and fill the framebuffer with some simple pattern in RGB565 mode to make sure the display is showing what is expected and the hardware settings are ok.

OK. I will try. Thank you for your interest!