cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F769I Discovery CubeIDE and TouchGFX integration/configuration

TMitc
Associate II

I am currently trying to configure a STM32F769I board with TouchGFX and STM32CubeIDE. I have followed all tutorials listed on this forum, however I seem to still be having some issues. I have previously configured a working .ioc file in CubeMX for this board, and have copied that configuration over to CubeMX nested in the CubeIDE application. I have my code compiling, but nothing has been displayed to the LCD. Some things that I have found:

1. It doesn’t seem like the QSPI is working correctly (ie. “QSPI�? is not listed in the Build Analyzer under Memory Regions or Memory Details). At first I thought that the images were not being displayed because they have not been stored in memory correctly, but the assets that I am using are stored under “Flash�?.

2. I’ve tried following what was mentioned in another post for configuring the QSPI for STM32F769I, but I don’t know how to have those changes reflected in CubeIDE.

If you have any suggestions or fixes for these problems, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Tyler

10 REPLIES 10
SBERT
Associate II

Hi Tyler,

I'm working exactly on the same stuff and i have those issues too (for 2 weeks at least).

I guess we're not alone in this case and that ST will fix base configurations (I really hope) to get an easy working base project .

For now i'm only using TouchGfx (without CubeMx) and modifying code manually to add more LEDs or Button, but i think it's a limited method.

If you find any solution tell me 🙂

Regards

Samuel

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi guys,

Yes, CubeMX is not capable of generating projects that work. The vision is that CubeMX will be able to generate projects that work and compile (although the BSP part is still a manual thing, even when going through the Board Selector, e.g. touch control).

I just wrote in a different thread that i'm going to a workshop next week and i'm bringing a list of things we need to code on the spot to make the integration between TouchGFX/CubeMX more pleasurable =)

I'm confident i'll come back with good news. I don't expect all boards/mcus to be verified in terms of performance, but hopefully we'll have time (after fixing the basic problems wtih cubeMx/touchgfx) to ensure that code generation for core mcus/boards are good.

I'm really sorry for all the problems you're having. I know It's frustrating!

/Martin

Yves Bernard
Associate II

Hi guys,

Did you get STMCubeIDE + STM32F769 + TouchGFX to work ?

I spent the three last days on it, and got it to compile/debug but I have what I suspect to be a hardfault as soon as I run the GRAPHICS_MainTask function called from StartDefaultTask.

I've also been playing with most of the video/tutorial I could find so far but not chance.

Ideally if we manage to create one working(compiling + running touchgfx on the screen) project and share it, it woud allow us to move forward.

Yves

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi guys,

One of the coming days i'll upload a working project for STM32F769-DISCO. I'm writing to you, as we type, from a workshop where we're trying to get to the bottom of some of these issues and we'll do some initial work to improve the experience for people and come up with mid and long term plans to have the integration be as good as possible.

/MArtin

FloX
Associate II

will be great

SBERT
Associate II

I don't understand how you , STElectronics, can sell 60/80$ board which are not working at all. (I mean MCU and Display well work together ) Someone can explain me ?

Just know that before you send us this reply Martin, i already passed 4 weeks(I have 3 left) of my enterprise interning trying to make it works. (And I still believed it will, until your reply in this post).

I won't thank you for that lost time...

Use UART with external LCD for the moment guys.

Hi @SBERT​,

Please tell me what isn't working =) Are you just looking to prototype on your -disco board with TouchGFX? Go through the TouchGFX designer and choose the application template for your board. The application templates are already configured with BSP (CubeMX does not concern itself with bsp).

The F746G-DISCO and F769-DISCO come with .ioc files so you can make whatever modifications in CubeMX you need. We're still struggling with how to inform people effeciently about entry points when using TouchGFX (CubeMX for custom hardware configurations, TouchGFX Designer (Application Templates) for eval/disco boards).

Best regards,

/Martin

Also, please contact me either here or through a PM if you're struggling with something to avoid wasting time.

/Martin