cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F769I DISCO Demo Issues: Black Screen; Download Hex -> ST Logo; Build TouchGFX -> Bad Graphics

TMGrim
Associate

When I downloaded the demo hex file for the STM32F769I DISCO onto the device, I saw a static image of the ST logo that never changed to anything else. I am using the correct External Loader. I tried in STM32CubeProgrammer and STM32 ST-Link Utility with the same result. I also used the Verify option to make sure the data downloaded correctly and it said that it did.

I then imported the TouchGFX Example into STM32Cube IDE; built it; and ran it on the device. This runs but the graphics are very noisy with lines running through them (see attached image). The code runs normally from what I can tell; I accidentally started a game and can control the scrambled rectangle that I think is the player. There is nothing wrong with the screen itself as the ST logo from earlier looked great and while the game was running, the text in the top right "MCU load: x%" looked normal; but the graphics, including menu/game text, is a vague representation of what is intended.

This seems to be the same set of issues that was reported a year ago here:
https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-touch-gfx-and-gui/stm32f769i-disco-demo-stuck-on-start-up-screen/td-p/71454

I have a few projects that are too much for the ATMEGA8s that I'm familiar with; so, I plan on learning the STM32 ecosystem. I prefer to start from a working example with graphics. That will allow me to modify it to put text on the screen from internal and external peripherals.

Any ideas on how to fix the graphics issues?

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @TMGrim and welcome to STCommunity 🙂

Could you please precise the the exact name of the board revision ( MB1225-F769-Revxx) and of the LCD revision (MB1166 Revxx) ?

Note that No demonstration software preloaded in some revisions boards. For that, please refer to UM2033 Table 15. Product history.

I think you have same issue posted here.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.