cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F769I-DISCO demo stuck on start up screen

JTurn.2
Senior

I am trying to get the demos to work on the disco board, but every time I upload the code the ST logo appears and then it hangs.

I upload the hex files via STM32CUBEPROGRAMMER where it successfully uploads but always fails to verify giving me this error "Error: Data mismatch found at address 0x90000000 (byte = 0x00 instead of 0x99)".

I am using the hex file v1.0 found here: https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/32f769idiscovery.html#documentation. I have also tried 1.16.0, 1.15.0, and 1.14.0 of the STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32F7 series. Every time I try to build the example for TouchGFX, there are errors.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue or could anyone provide me with the demo that comes with the STM32F769I-DISCO?

Also, the Patch for STM32CubeF7 1.16.2 is for STM32H7, not STM32F7.

9 REPLIES 9
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @JTurn.2​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Could you please answer the following questions?

• Are you using the TouchGFX demo that is under

C:\Users<Your_User_Name>\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.2\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Demonstrations\TouchGFX

•  Which IDE are you using?
  •  And did you move the project to another path ?

Thanks,

Sara.

I use STM32cubeide 1.6.1 and am using STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.2.

Usually what I do is I go to to import STM32CUBE example=>TouchGFX (for stm32f769I-DISCO) => build. Then 7 errors appear.

Since I only have STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.2 installed, I would assume that is is using the demo located in C:\Users<Your_User_Name>\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.2\Projects\STM32F769I-Discovery\Demonstrations\TouchGFX.

I tried going directly to the project folder directory and clicking on the .cproject file in "..\SW4STM32\STM32F769I-Discovery". It builds without any problems for FW_F7_V1.16.2, but it fails to upload. The debugger keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. This doesn't happen to any of my other projects.

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @JTurn.2​ ,

This is not a CubeMX nor CubeProgrammer issue. The demo example seems to be corrupted. I ' am adding @Imen DAHMEN​  to the loop to check this issue.

Regards,

Sara.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @JTurn.2​ ,

Thank you for your post. 

An internal ticket (number 120606) is submitted in order to fix this issue.

(PS: number 120606; this is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Hi @Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​ 

Thank you for flagging this for me 🙂

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @JTurn.2​ 

I wonder if you selected the adequate External Loader for your board ?

0693W00000HrRPHQA3.pngHouda

Hi Houda,

I have already selected the adequate External Loader and the result is the same.

JTurn.2

PMarc.3
Associate II

I tried today - pretty much same experience. The example does not compile for me :(

arm-none-eabi-g++: fatal error: cannot execute

'c:/st/stm32cubeide_1.10.0/stm32cubeide/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.10.3-2021.10.win32_1.0.0.202111181127/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/as.exe': CreateProcess: No such file or directory

Based on what I see there is one missing "../"

S.Ma
Principal

Check history chapter of the board user manual. Maybe some components or screen were changed without updating the demo code?

Good idea thanks!

I recreated the project, and now it builds. Feels like something went wrong at the project creation time before.

But now the screen is like a bad GPU with memory issues, all lines over the graph.

Any idea on that?