cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F769I-DISCO - breaking changes to touch hardware/driver with A09 revision?

Brendan.LeFebvre.Qt
Associate II

I just purchased two F769 Discovery kits for use with Qt for MCU's. On both of them, touch is not working for Qt GUI projects, but does work on the TouchGFX demo. Both boards are the latest revision A09, which I see from release notes has a different touch/display module. A colleague has an older board revision and was able to flash and correctly use the same Qt project I was trying to work with. Can anyone tell me what's changed with this board revision that could account for the problem?

5 REPLIES 5
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Brendan.LeFebvre.Qt​ and welcome to the Community 🙂,

If you refer to the UM2033 "Discovery kit with STM32F769NI MCU" and precisely Section 8.3.6 Board MB1166 revision A-09, you can conclude that:

The revision A-09 of the MB1166 board corresponds to:" LCD FRIDA FRD397B25009-D-CTK replaced by FRIDA FRD400B25025-A-CTK" .

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thanks

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Kaouthar,

I saw this in the release notes as well but I want/need more details as to what this change means. How does code using the touch drivers need to change? Is there documentation anywhere? Is it required to use a particular version SDK to support the new display? Etc.

Thanks.

wired
Senior III

Can you tell us where you source this module FRD400B25025-A-CTK? If your customers were able to use it in their product, it would be better for everyone to decrease the likelihood of obsolescence. I was hoping to use the module from the 469I-DISCO, but it is no longer available as far as I can tell.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Brendan.LeFebvre.Qt​ and @wired​,

You can find the datasheet of the FFRD400B25025-A-CTK used on the discovery board with STM32F769NI MCU in the attached file.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

JojoS
Associate III

I experienced the same problem. I have an old version with display A02, that works fine. A new board with A09 did not show the demo and my app shows garbage pixels on the screen, ethernet and SDC code is running.

When I flash the downloaded demo binary, it shows a white screen with 'life augumented' text, but nothing more.

When I mount the old display on the new board, my app is working fine with graphics.