cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runing TouchGFX based code from STM32CubeIDE

JHarding
Senior

I cannot seem to get an Application Template to run from STM32CubeIDE.

Using the following versions of tools:

TouchGFX 4.13.0

STM32CubeIDE 1.2.0

Windows 10

Here are the steps that I follow:

From within TouchGFX:

1. File->New

2. Select Application Template STM32F746G Discovery Kit

3. Select UI Template -> Blank UI

4. Name the project STDemo and Click Create

5. Add a white box that fills the entire canvas.

6. Add a button that I can tap

7. Click Generate Code

8. Click Run Target

This does work, and I get the desired white box and single button that I can tap. Yay!

NOTE: To get TouchGFX designer to "Run Target" I did have to install STM32CubeProgrammer. I don't recall reading this anywhere in the guides that have been posted, but is made apparent by the error message that TouchGFX Designer throws when STM32CubeProgrammer is not installed.

Now I want to put this into STM32CubeIDE so I can link the button with some code. Here are the steps that I follow using the project that was created above:

1. Navigate to the "TouchGFXProjects" folder on my C: drive

2. Locate the STDemo project that I created above.

3. Locate the "STM32CubeIDE" folder that TouchGFX created.

4. Locate the .cproject file with in the "STM32CubeIDE" folder and open it using STM32CubeIDE.

5. The project is successfully imported.

6. Right click on the project name and select "Build"

7. I get this error:

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/TouchGFXProjects/STDemo/TouchGFX/gui/src/logoargbbilinear127qspi_screen/LogoARGBBilinear127QSPIPresenter.cpp', needed by 'Application/User/gui/LogoARGBBilinear127QSPIPresenter.o'. Stop.

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

This is where I am stuck :(

The long term goal here is to get the new version of TouchGFX running on my custom hardware. I have the older version of TouchGFX from CubeMX 5.4 working on my custom board, but feel that it is "legacy" because of the new version of STM32CubeIDE and the X-Cube pack for TouchGFX. The best way to get this working is to start from a "known working setup", and this is by using the STM32F746G-Disco board. Once I can successfully get this board working from within the STM32CubeIDE I would like to get it working on my custom hardware.

35 REPLIES 35
Jancho
Associate II

Sorry @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

Wen i had read this post i did not refresh the latest comments:persevering_face:

it's all solved , thanks a lot

Okay, that's great news ^_^

BO Re.1
Associate II

Hi Martin,

i have tried several times the following:

• Created TouchGFX project using Application Template STM32F746
  • Created 2 screens, button on each to swap between
  • created a wildcard on screen 2 to display numbers,0690X00000BxB0JQAV.jpg
  • Generated code and Run Target, in touchDesigner, which downloaded to board and touch worked.
  • then i set up a second task in Main with CubeIDE, following video tutorial (embryonic.dk) yours i think, thanks
  • Built project->failed to debug in CubeIDE as per previous posts.-> opened in Touch GFX and 'Run Target' successfully downloaded again
  • i then generated the necessary code in Model-Presenter-View files, in cubeIDE and built the project , fixed any errors and confirmed build.
  • when i tried to download to board again with RUN Target in touchGFX designer, it is successful but my screens dont appear i have attached a picture
  • i have checked the heap size and it is large enough, 32768, my second task is only 512(4)

any idea of what might be going on here, it is quite difficult not being able to debug in CubeIDE so i am at a loss. any help or guidance is greatly appreciated

regards

Barry

SShos.1
Associate II

Hello! When will the full integration of TouchGFX and STM32CubeIDE?

Its my work template for stm32f746-disco with TouchGFX 4.13 and CubeIDE 1.2.0

https://github.com/dvizhokS/STM32F746G-DISCO-TouchGFX-4.13-STM32CubeIDE-1.2.0

Hello, its work template for stm32f746-disco in TouchGFX 4.13 and CubeIDE 1.2.0

https://github.com/dvizhokS/STM32F746G-DISCO-TouchGFX-4.13-STM32CubeIDE-1.2.0/graphs/traffic

SShos.1
Associate II

Hello, its work template for stm43f746-disco for TouchGFX 4.13 and CubeIDE 1.2.0

https://github.com/dvizhokS/STM32F746G-DISCO-TouchGFX-4.13-STM32CubeIDE-1.2.0