}

LR_EROM1 0x90000000 0x2000000  {    ; load region size_region
 ER_EROM1 0x90000000 0x2000000  {  ; load address = execution address
*.o (ExtFlashSection)
 ;*.o (TextFlashSection)
*.o (FontFlashSection)
  }
}

when ExtFlashSection and FontFlashSection are commented (disabled), system loading is OK.

But if these sections are not commented (enabled, written like I quoted) - I get error;

on this stage

0693W000007EaToQAK.png

I get this error

0693W000007EaTtQAK.png 

What's wrong in my SCT file or other settings?

My IC is STM32h743B.

On project for STM32F746B this porblem not occured.

24 REPLIES 24

I use ST-Link

I try different version of ST-Link - China clone, ST-Link from Discovery board.

Drivers - last version, firmware of ST-link - last version,

What version of J-link you have? I have 8 version and it can't connect to H743.

10.10 - with recent firmware and drivers. I'm loading an F769 with it. Can you get it load using the ST provided flashing utility?

For Keil - what you did (remove the region from the "Flash Download" tab) worked for me. Though, our setups are different.

Are all applicable drivers, Keil, etc up to date?

"10.10 - with recent firmware and drivers. "

I have 8 version. I don't know, can I update it to 10, or I have to buy new hardware

"what you did (remove the region from the "Flash Download" tab) " - yes, I removed this region. But I need to leave section in SCT because QSPI content is about 9 Mbytes.

"Are all applicable drivers, Keil, etc up to date?"

All drivers are updated.

" I've used Keil with a J-Link and had no issues loading."

Did you try my project?

I did not, I do not have an H743 available. I believe the issue is related to something in the stack of Keil's loader and the debugger. I would venture that it is not TouchGFX per-se though that is your source of error.

Did you try loading your output from Keil externally via the ST-FLASH program? It'll help determine the source of the error by taking Keil out of the equation temporarily.

"Did you try loading your output from Keil externally via the ST-FLASH program?"

You didn't understand me. Flash downloading is OK. Problem appears after downloading, while "loading object code"

" I believe the issue is related to something in the stack of Keil's loader and the debugger. I"

I'll try to downgrade KEIL version....

My apologies - you're right - I didn't realize that. Has this debugger you're using worked before? You mentioned it's an ST Link clone; maybe it's not playing well with the driver.

Another option is trying it through Cube IDE - it's good software. I'm using both Keil and Cube IDE in my workflow right now.

That's the internal flash, you need to select the algorithm to use for the QSPI residing at 0x90000000 (32MB or whatever)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..