cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to upload an example from Touchgfx to my screen option 1. or only the displays mentioned in the touchgfx setup are usable (option2 ) ? the interface for screen 1 is SPI and The microcontroller also has an spi interface.

ABOUN.1
Associate
6 REPLIES 6
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

TouchGFX does not support M0 cortex unfortunately so you will not be able to work with the STM32F072B-Disco.

Maybe try to contact Riverdi they might have projects available to customers using this display and TouchGFX on another mcu.

/Romain

MM..1
Chief II

You can use any screen your opt1 too, but MCU need RAM and power for good graphics result and support for Cortex used .

@Romain DIELEMAN​ realy? Then why in lib directory i see folder m0?

10. 11. 2020  11:58    <DIR>          .
10. 11. 2020  11:58    <DIR>          ..
10. 11. 2020  11:58    <DIR>          cortex_m0
10. 11. 2020  11:58    <DIR>          cortex_m33
10. 11. 2020  11:58    <DIR>          cortex_m4f
10. 11. 2020  11:58    <DIR>          cortex_m7

It used to be supported but not anymore since TouchGFX was integrated to the STM32Cube environment. It shouldn't be that hard to support it again but we do not have ST development kits we could test on. Where did you that lib directory by the way ?

/Romain

The STM32G0 for example is on M0+ and not M0 (don't ask me the difference I don't know 😅) so maybe the directory has the wrong name.

/Romain

I write this here , in midlkeware touchGFX dir Cube stores libs for all OS and IDEs and stupidly waste space on HD...

thank you for the answer and guidance, we actually started working with another microcontroller (STM32f469I-Discovery) and everything is working perfectly now.

I do have another question if you can help.

From all the boards that can work with touch gfx, does any come without a screen (only the board) ?, We are looking to use the board and the touch gfx tool to work on a bigger display (7"+), and having the board only will help us to reduce the cost of our project.