cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to "download" Demo1 from TouchGFX 4.13.0 to STM32CubeIDE 1.3.1 / STM32CubeMX 5.6.1 ?

LMend.1
Associate II

I would like to use the Graph part of this Demo1 as reference to develop a Data Acquisition App but I have been unsuccessful after several different attempts.

I am able to download this Demo1 through TouchGFX without problem. The IDE projects that I have been creating, compile and install correctly but either show an empty screen or the program crashes when the user pushes the button to call the graphs routines.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
chaaalyy
Senior II

Good morning 🙂

I just made a quick check, while getting my 2nd cup of coffee xD

There´s still some error, when debugging, but basically it works like this:

1) open designer, choose board and demo template

2) generate code

3) open project with doubleclick onto *.project file from the /STM32CubeIDE folder inside your project folder

4) build the project within cubeIDE

5) and this is the "problem", as nobody can create this setting in advance: Open Debug configuration, Tab "debugger", scroll down and enable the external loader. Scan -> scroll down until your board shows in that very long list, choose and enable it.

6) debug... Basically it should show up. As far, as i´ve seen in my quick and dirty check: Swiping from one screen to the other works fine, but clicking the "Demo" button will lead into some fault. Didn´t check, but maybe it´s the color depth...

chaaalyy
Senior II

Update 🙂

Go to project (right click) -> properties -> c/c++ general -> paths and symbols

In the right pane, Tab "# Symbols"

Add -> at Name enter USE_BPP ; at Value add 24

do this for GNU C and for GNU C++ as well. In cubeIDE that "add to all languages" doesn´t work at the moment. That´s, why doing that twice :(

Rebuild and debug... Everything works now 🙂

You´ll need some patience... Download and verify needs some time, but it will start after a while 😉

/Charly

LMend.1
Associate II

It is fixed, exactly the way you stated Charly!

Thanks a lot.

Luis