cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible not use Freertos in touchgfx?

nsabo.1
Associate II

Hi, I need to receive data by UART every 2 mS, thus I disable all configuration setting for FREERTOS in CubeMX.

I receive data at my desired time but I have a question... Is disabling FreeRTOS cause faults while TOUCHGFX running?

12 REPLIES 12
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hi @nsabo.1​ 

First let me thank you for posting .

Yes, it is possible to use the TouchGFX library without using an operating system such as FreeRTOS. TouchGFX is a high-level user interface (UI) framework that is designed to work with a variety of microcontroller architectures and hardware platforms. It includes a hardware abstraction layer (HAL) that allows it to work with different types of hardware and peripherals, including display controllers, touch screens, and timers.

TouchGFX can be used in a bare metal (no operating system) environment, or it can be integrated with an operating system such as FreeRTOS. In either case, the developer will need to provide the necessary hardware and peripherals, and configure and initialize them as needed.

If you are using TouchGFX in a bare metal environment, you will need to write your own code to manage tasks and handle interrupts, as well as to perform other functions such as drawing graphics and responding to user input. This can be more complex than using an operating system, but it can also allow for more fine-grained control over the hardware and system resources.

Thx

Ghofrane

>>I need to receive data by UART every 2 mS,

Presumably you could just listen all the time with interrupts on the reception, without the need to poll every 2 ms, or whatever scheme you currently have.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Related https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000021OSkPSAW/graph-is-not-displaying-correctly

Problem here is you need concurrent operation, to understand interrupts, and to buffer the data at the time it arrives

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MM..1
Chief II

How is UART speed, how many bytes is one traffic, is your ideas real...

For example 19200 over 2ms can traffic 2 bytes and your code repeat ....

= your problem isnt Freertos

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I am using touchgfx to display my signals.

Each signal is transmitting in 2milli seconds (continuously).

Is touchgfx especially dynamic graph widget is unable to receive my points every 2milli seconds and display them?

I am receiving my points by uart.

I got some missing data... and my dynamic graph is not displaying correctly.

How can I display my signal correctly at desired time?

I guess this is a bug in touchgfx .

Thanks if you can lead me a way...

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I am using touchgfx to display my signals.

Each signal is transmitting in 2milli seconds (continuously).

Is touchgfx especially dynamic graph widget is unable to receive my points every 2milli seconds and display them?

I am receiving my points by uart.

I got some missing data... and my dynamic graph is not displaying correctly.

How can I display my signal correctly at desired time?

I guess this is a bug in touchgfx .

Thanks if you can lead me a way...

Hi, is it possible to explain it simpler for me?

I don't understand it.

Thanks

Hi, another device is sending data every 2 milly second continuously.

In my device as it receives by UART , I attached the data to be displayed by graph.

I don't know what happens but my data is got missing parts.

I guess because all of them is receiving at the same time , thus graph is not able to display them..

How can I solve this?

UART speed = ?

Show your code for recieve