cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I begin? I am a EE but total beginner with STM32 IDE.

BBors.1
Associate II

Using CUBEIDE_1.11.0, TouchGFX_4.21.0,and STM32F429I-DISC0.

Starting a GUI is easy using TouchGFX using an easy button and interaction program.

I am having trouble understanding programming pins on the STM32MCU to correlate with the buttons on the GUI.  All video instructions use MX with TouchGFX inside the CUBE IDE. Every time I generate code in TouchGFX and import to Cube IDE, the MX file does not transfer or is not created. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

Maybe this video will help show you how to use a button on the screen to control a hardware LED. Sorry, I know it's a long video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoy4wQpcTI

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> I am a EE but total beginner with STM32 IDE

In this case the best is to find a software-savvy partner or contractor. Have them make at least a prototype and development setup from which you can continue alone.

BBors.1
Associate II

Thank you Pavel. Are you volunteering to mentor me? 🙂

No 🙂 Maybe somebody here can.

Javier1
Principal

>>What am I doing wrong?

Takes time to get to know how to do the raindance corectly.

In the meantime, just posting your issues here and waiting for other users or ST employes to answer normally did work for me.

You might as well share screenshots, cubeIDE version numbers, CUbeMx files,pictures with pointing fingers...etc

Or as @Pavel A.​ said,if the deadline is short, you could hire a contractor.

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk
BBors.1
Associate II

Raindance? That seems to be an accurate description. So, you agree when I say getting the 3 programs (CubeIDE_1.11.0, CubeMx, and TouchGFX_4.21.0) to play together nicely is not intuitive or did I miss a User Manual somewhere?

Thank you for that. I may have to use it. I hope in my journey I find a friend that would like to embark on ideas with me.

MM..1
Chief II

Hi BB EE, primary differ projects. In TouchGFX created is for playing learning on disco boards. Have prepared BSP and HAL. But real designs is started from MX or IDE.

Some demo in TouchGFX have ioc files (your MX ask), but dont show it in IDE ... add manualy.

Karl Yamashita
Lead II

Maybe this video will help show you how to use a button on the screen to control a hardware LED. Sorry, I know it's a long video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQoy4wQpcTI

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

you mixing three really complex IDE/GUI up and then expect, this is on a level for 3 year old kiddies to manage ? raindance ? for 3 years old - shure.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".