cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to run STM32Cube.ioc at TouchGFX project?

luisfynn1
Associate II

Hi I am luis.

I'm testing TouchGFX and have a question.
1. Create a custom board project with TouchGFX V4.22.1 Designer
2. Move the STM32F769I_DISCO.ioc file in the project created above to the STM32CubeIDE folder in the project, then run STM32F769I_DISCO.ioc to additionally set IO and generate code.(below picture)
3. And when I compile the above project with the STM32CubeIDE compiler, an error occurs. These errors are too numerous to be easily resolved.

I would like to know what is the optimal way to set up additional IO after creating a project with TouchGFX V4.22.1 Designer.

Screenshot_5.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

Don't move the IOC file and leave it where it was generated by TouchGFX.

1. Import the TouchGFX project into STM32CubeIDE. In Windows Explorer, just drag and drop the IOC file onto the project.

2. Select link to files and click OK.

3. Now the IOC files shows in the Project tree. You can double click it to open it. You can make your peripheral and I/O changes, then generate. It should build with no issues.

Untitled.jpg

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

Don't move the IOC file and leave it where it was generated by TouchGFX.

1. Import the TouchGFX project into STM32CubeIDE. In Windows Explorer, just drag and drop the IOC file onto the project.

2. Select link to files and click OK.

3. Now the IOC files shows in the Project tree. You can double click it to open it. You can make your peripheral and I/O changes, then generate. It should build with no issues.

Untitled.jpg

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.
vishnu_illikkal
Associate III

vishnu_illikkal_0-1719981604705.png

Assume "trying_internal_flash" is the project we created using the TouchGFX Designer, (the name we gave instead of MyApplication)

vishnu_illikkal_1-1719981689326.png

This will have files like this leave it as it is.
Now open the CubeIDE and open the 735_TGFX_05 as the working directory
Note : For each Project created using TouchGFX we need its own Working Directory, 2 touchgfx projects cannot be inside 1 directory becaus ethe name of the ioc file will be same,

vishnu_illikkal_2-1719981772764.png

Launch

vishnu_illikkal_3-1719981923321.png

File -> Open Projects from file system

vishnu_illikkal_4-1719981995503.png

select the folder which is named after your project "735_TGFX_05\trying_internal_flash"

735_TGFX_05 is the working dir and trying_internal_flash is the project

Now it will open like this

vishnu_illikkal_6-1719982093371.png