cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to definitely integrate a TouchGFX application to STM32CubeIDE ?

Woula
Associate II

Hi,

I'm trying to create a simple TouchGFX Application, that can handle hardware components, such as GPIO. Many tutorials exist but i haven't seen yet an official walkthrough from ST. Maybe, i haven't searched enough. So , is there any tutorial or documentation that explain the right procedure, even the setup for custom hardware design.

Further informations :

I have an STM32F429I-DISCO. I use STM32CubeIDE 1.1.0 and TouchGFX 4.13.0

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

When you say "push button" do you mean a hardware button?

If yes, i just updated the ui-backend-integration sticky with links to the concrete examples that you can browse. You can start by simply sampling the GPIO state for the button directly in your Model::tick() function until you get more comfortable with the flow.

/Martin

This thread is taking off in a different direction than what the original theme intended - I'd suggest you create a new post with further questions.

​@Martin KJELDSEN​  thanks for the reply. Hope all is going well with you.

What I expected to see is a project file structure similar to one that is created when starting a project from an IOC file using CubeIDE. Here is an example of that style:

0693W000000WelaQAC.png

The Core and TouchGFX directories are there. Basically, the Project Explorer view is the similar what Windows Explorer shows:

0693W000000Weo5QAC.png

@Martin KJELDSEN​ ​ 

Now, when looking at the project started using the TouchGFX Designer, I do see that the TouchGFX gui files are located in Application / User / gui:

0693W000000WepNQAS.png

However, where are the hpp files (which are in the "include" directory in the file system)? The only way to view it is to manually open it or "drag and drop" Screen1View.hpp into CubeIDE.

And....when I attempt to open the declaration of a variable in Screen1View.cpp, CubeIDE does not take me there:

0693W000000Weq1QAC.png

Sorry if I am missing something here. I have been working with my project based on my own custom board and the project layout is different than one started from TouchGFX Designer. So I may not be doing something correctly.

And....sorry for hi-jacking this thread.

scottSD
Senior III

@Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I created a new thread to ask my particular question:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000005qhKDSAY/why-isnt-project-structure-started-from-a-touchgfx-application-template-the-same-as-one-started-from-stm32cubeide

And I am not able to delete my hi-jacking posts above as I do not have rights to do so.

Hallo Charly, hallo Martin,

I followed the steps in the Video using an STM32H7B3I-Disco Board.

Everything works Fine, but I do Not get the ioc file Imported / Shown in the CubeIDE file structure.

Did I Miss something? Project Compiler, Fan bei uploaded and debugged, but if I warnt to make changes i.e. GPIO Settings, i would habe to do this in Code.

Thank you and best regards

Rudi

Yes, I meant a hardware button. Thank you, I will take a look