cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the x-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1 with the NUCLEO-H743ZI?

Ibrandao
Associate II

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a project to use the NUCLEO-H743ZI board and the x-NUCLEO-GFX02Z1. The documentation states that the board is compatible but until now I could not configure a working project.

The generated example software fails to read the correct ID during the LCD_ReadID method, and I could not find the issue. I have provided the .ioc file in the attachment. Can someone help me with this configuration?.

Thanks in advance for any support provided.

best regards

7 REPLIES 7
MM..1
Chief II

Product identification XNGFX02Z1$AZ2 This product identification is based on board MB1818-TCXD022IB5-B01. The LCD used in this product is TCXD022IBLON-5 with driver IC ST7789V.

Then you need create or use some driver for ST7789V in 8bit mode.

All info Display expansion board for STM32 Nucleo-144 - User manual

and pdf for drivers.

Most simple way is load demo app as described in manual and learn from it.

Ibrandao
Associate II

Hi,

Thank you for the fast response.

I'm sorry I did not specify the board name correctly the LCD board I have is this one XNGFX02Z1$AZ1 which requires the IC ILI9341V. I have followed the user manual, but the examples in the user manual do not refer to this board model, and there are only four examples, so I tried to follow the example specified for the NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q since it has similar configurations. I got a project to compile, but when I run the example application GFX02Z1_HelloWorld the identification of the LCD fails as I mentioned before. So if it would not be asking to much, is it possible to confirm the configurations of the .ioc I provided?

Thanks you for the support provided.

ioc file dont show code , that comunicate with display, then nobody can say is ok or not.

But i agree with you, ST need create some info about this setup...

Ibrandao
Associate II

Hi,

I created the project from the .IOC file and did not change anything. But anyway, the project source is in the attachment.

Thanks for the fast answer once again.

The ZI or ZI2 version of the NUCLEO-H743ZI ?

I did write an External Loader for the 8MB (64Mb) Macronix part on the GFX021Z1, I posted the L4 one, need to post the H7 ones.

https://github.com/cturvey/stm32extldr/tree/main/gfx02z1_mx25l6433f

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi,

I only have the Zi, the old version.

Thanks for sharing the link, I will have a look 🙂

Sco
ST Employee

Regarding the LCD, please refer to attachment.