cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Setup a STemWin Project

Sascha_St
Associate

Hello,

i would like to start a project with a STM32H743, a 4 "TFTDisplay and STemWin. The sDisplay works perfectly via FSMC. Now I have downloaded the STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0. Which Lib should I use? In old versions they were marked with GCC. Now with w16 w32 etc.

Greetings Sascha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Sascha_St​ ,

Have you looked at the Application Template for STM32H743-EVAL available in TouchGFX Designer ? It can be a starting point for your project.

Otherwise, you will find the STemWin working example available with STM32CubeH7 MCU package:

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32H743I-EVAL\Applications\STemWin\, it contains a set of source files that implement a simple "Hello World" application based on STemWin for STM32H743xx Devices.

Have a look on these application notes for more details about LCD configuration and how to use STemWin Library step by step:

• AN4323 "Getting started with STemWin Library"
  • AN4861: LCD-TFT display controller (LTDC) on STM32 MCUs 

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully solved your issue. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Would you not rely on TouchGFX solution ? According my understanding STemWin is phasing out ... not more support about.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Sascha_St​ ,

Have you looked at the Application Template for STM32H743-EVAL available in TouchGFX Designer ? It can be a starting point for your project.

Otherwise, you will find the STemWin working example available with STM32CubeH7 MCU package:

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32H743I-EVAL\Applications\STemWin\, it contains a set of source files that implement a simple "Hello World" application based on STemWin for STM32H743xx Devices.

Have a look on these application notes for more details about LCD configuration and how to use STemWin Library step by step:

• AN4323 "Getting started with STemWin Library"
  • AN4861: LCD-TFT display controller (LTDC) on STM32 MCUs 

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully solved your issue. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen