cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hour and minutes

StefanoL
Associate III

Good morning , sorry if i'm not posting in the right place but i'm still learning. I have a problem with an example i saw in the tutorial where you bild an iterface to adjust the hour and minutes . In the tutorial where i built the interface it says to copy the code and put it in two files .... i tired but when i press the buttons mothing happens and in the two text areas thereare two question marks. Could someone kindly help me? Thank you so much. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @StefanoL ,

It seems like you are stuck at the very beginning of the tutorial where they say :

If you press "Generate Code" or "Run Simulator" the specified virtual functions will be generated by the Designer. Let us start by integrating the four functions for the arrow buttons. To keep track of the values for hour and minute, two counters are also added.
Now add the following code:

The issue there is that you added a wildcard but did not specify the characters this wildcard can take.
You need to specify which characters can take by going into "Texts", "Typographies" and than filling the fields "Wildcard ranges" for example :

GaetanGodart_0-1707736175207.png
In this case my wildcard could take all the ASCII values.
In your case you just need numbers do you could either type "0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9" or "0x30-0x39".

As @Andrew Neil mentioned, you seems to be quite new to TouchGFX so you should start simple.
Have you done the previous tutorials ? (tuto 1 and tuto 2)
You can also find resources here : UI development 

Hope this helps.
Don’t hesitate to give us a feedback or give more precisions and tell us if the issue is solved! 😊

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Welcome to the forum.

Your question is missing some essential details:

@StefanoL wrote:

I have a problem with an example i saw in the tutorial 

What example is that? Please give a link.

These tips might help:

https://community.st.com/t5/community-guidelines/how-to-write-your-question-to-maximize-your-chances-to-find-a/ta-p/575228

https://community.st.com/t5/community-guidelines/tkb-p/community-guidelines

Good morning , at this link. Thanks

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/tutorials/tutorial-03

That's about setting up two screens.

Have you tried it on just one screen?

Yes , do i need to add the second screen first? 

It sounds like you're a beginner - so start simple first!

Ok ,thanks for the advice.

GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @StefanoL ,

It seems like you are stuck at the very beginning of the tutorial where they say :

If you press "Generate Code" or "Run Simulator" the specified virtual functions will be generated by the Designer. Let us start by integrating the four functions for the arrow buttons. To keep track of the values for hour and minute, two counters are also added.
Now add the following code:

The issue there is that you added a wildcard but did not specify the characters this wildcard can take.
You need to specify which characters can take by going into "Texts", "Typographies" and than filling the fields "Wildcard ranges" for example :

GaetanGodart_0-1707736175207.png
In this case my wildcard could take all the ASCII values.
In your case you just need numbers do you could either type "0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9" or "0x30-0x39".

As @Andrew Neil mentioned, you seems to be quite new to TouchGFX so you should start simple.
Have you done the previous tutorials ? (tuto 1 and tuto 2)
You can also find resources here : UI development 

Hope this helps.
Don’t hesitate to give us a feedback or give more precisions and tell us if the issue is solved! 😊

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

Yes i'am quite new........ thank you so much for the information and help you are giving me

Screen.jpg