cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible displayed content quality

montea
Associate II

Hello, I am using STM32H7 with a circular display (driver HX8363-A). One of the problems that I seems to have is that although on the TouchGFX software the content looks nice, the moment I display that same content on the physical display, it looks horrible. Every component that I tried displaying has very sharp edges and thus I suspect it has something to do with anti-aliasing not being turned on (see the picture). Is there a way to enable anti-aliasing or do you think this is something else?

I know that the display that I am using CAN look normal, since I confirmed this by using the display manufacturers devkit, which however runs on Android OS. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smartembedded
Associate III

Do you have correct polarity of your dotclock ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
montea
Associate II

For reference, this is what the same looks like on the devkit that we used, as you can see the text is very clean and smooth. The display is 432x432 pixels so it's fairly capable.

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 07.55.29.png

Now that I look at this again, I think another cause could also be some sort of downscaling, since the initial picture I added does seem to have some sort of anti-aliasing, but everything is very pixelated. Note that I do set the display dimension to 432 x 432 within the Config -> Display -> Dimensions of the TouchGFX.

Smartembedded
Associate III

Do you have correct polarity of your dotclock ?

montea
Associate II

Cheers, that's what it was 🙂