cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed in Building a Simple Project with STemWin and STM32CubeIDE

xpress_embedo
Associate III

Hello Everyone,

I need help in building the project as I am facing some issues.

As we know we can't configure the STemWin from CubeMX/STM32CubeIDE and to use the STemWin library we have to add it separately in our project.

I created a simple project using CubeMX/STM32CubeIDE which is auto-generated and then I took the reference from the example STemWin_HelloWorld present in the CubeF7 package.

I think I did most of the steps, by comparing these two projects, but I am getting the error.

../STemWin_Config/GUIConf.c:54:10: fatal error: GUI.h: No such file or directory
   54 | #include "GUI.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

But in my project this file is present and added to the project, even the path is also updated in the project settings, I don't know why I am getting this error, that this file is not present.

One strange thing which I have noticed is as shown below, here in include section I can see most of the include paths related to STemWin are disabled/greyed out, I don't know what is the reason.

0693W00000Hqo0NQAR.pngWhile the example project which is working fine, this is not greyed out/disabled.

0693W00000Hqo1BQAR.pngMaybe the issue is related to this.

I am using STM32F769I Discovery Board, and STM32CubeIDE 1.8.0.

I have attached the complete project ziped with this post, please help me in resolving this.

I think the issue might be very simple which I missed due to lack of knowledge.

Thanks in advance.

19 REPLIES 19

Hello @Imen DAHMEN​ 

Did you get some inputs from your colleagues regarding this demo project?

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ 

Did you get some information from your colleagues regarding the issue?

This is my last message and after this I will not follow-up, I have already communicated ST Support at various places and didn't get feedback. So I will not waste anyone's time.

Hi @xpress_embedo​ ,

My sincere apologies for the late reply.

I have not reproduced this behavior on my side, and unfortunately I still haven't received the expert's answer since he's out of the office.

Thank you for your understanding.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ 

May I know how you tried to reproduce the behavior?

Did you use the same STM32F769-DISCO board or some other disco board?

Reason why I am asking this question is because, this problem looks like to be only in STM32F769-DISCO board HelloWorld Example and not on others.

Anyways if you get some updates you can post here, else also no problem, as I mentioned above I will not follow-up.

Thanks, and Regards

I checked with STM32F769I-DISCO Revision B.

Which Rev are you using ?

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

I don't know which version is it.

I am sharing pictures with you, maybe helpful.

I see revision A written on LCD but I think it is for LCD not for the ST board.0693W00000JNLcXQAX.jpg0693W00000JNLccQAH.jpg0693W00000JNLcmQAH.jpg0693W00000JNLd1QAH.jpg 

So as per your comment, it looks like the HelloWorld example with GUI_Delay is working fine for you.

Now, this is really strange why it is not working for me if we have the same boards.

Do you think that somehow my board is damaged? But if that is the case why other demo examples are working fine :|

Anyways thanks for your support.

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ 

Just wanted to update you with some information.

As you mentioned the demo works fine on your board and you have revision B of the demo board. And I don't know which revision I have (for this I have shared the information above).

I purchased the board from Amazon.de where the seller was ST. The board comes with a pre-programmed demo and it works fine, and I remember the demo version was V1.0.0, which can be found when we click on "System Information" on the LCD screen.

There is a demo project available named "STemWin" which I think is equivalent to this pre-programmed demo, and when I compiled and programmed this, it works but the display was messy.

After this, I thought that I will use the binaries directly from the ST website and not by compiling myself.

So, I downloaded various STM32CubeF7 packages, and finally, I found the binaries under the following path.0693W00000JNqteQAD.png I used the binary STM32769I-DISCO_DEMO_V1.0.0_FULL.hex because it is version 1.0.0 and it works fine. Screenshot below.

0693W00000JNqtoQAD.jpgBut when I programmed the version STM32CubeDemo_STM32769I-DISCO_V1.0.1.hex, the display was still messy as I have seen when I compiled the demo myself.

I found another version of the demo in the latest version of Repository STM32CubeDemo_STM32769I-DISCO_V1.2.0.hex, and the situation is the same, the display is messy as seen below.

0693W00000JNqtyQAD.jpgWorking Video

Not Working Video

Maybe this can be due to the hardware change, do you know what could be the reason?

Hello @xpress_embedo​ ,

I apologize for the late reply.

For the display issue with the demo project, it maybe related to the STemwin version, as there is a display issue detected with STemWin 5.40 version and fixed with the STemWin 5.44 version.

Regarding the first issue reported, I have not reproduced it on my side with STM32F769 Rev B, STM32F769-Eval and STM32F7508-DISCO boards.

But this behavior is reproduced for a colleague with STM32F769Disocovery Rev. A board. He checked other boards and it is working like a charm on STM32F769-Eval. Also ported code form STM32F769-Eval to F769-Disco is working.

So, we are still working on the issue and checking this behavior with different boards to identify the related hardware environment.

Thank you for your understanding and patience while we work on this. 

Imen

Thanks
Imen

Thank You @Imen DAHMEN​ for your response.

So the problem is reproduced

I will wait for the solution from your side.

and regarding the display issue, I have checked with old versions of CubeF7 which might be on the 5.40 version, but I have also compiled the latest project and it has the same effect and this is based on version 5.44. Might be this problem is also based on the same issue.

May I know what exactly is changed between hardware revisions A and B of the STM32F769I-DISCO board?

Because I tried to check online on the ST website and couldn't find any answer.

Anyways thank you once again for your support, I will wait for the solution.

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ 

Almost 8 months, do you have any update on this?

Thanks, and Regards