cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing when using ARGB8888 dynamic bitmap

AndrewM
Associate III

The project bitdepth is set in the designer as 16 bit.

I need to use a dynamic bitmap to visualise data and, as per a recent suggestion on this forum, I am creating an ARGB8888 format bitmap, however the program freezes, displaying a black area on the screen from the location of the dynamic bitmap downwards.

Note that previously I was using an RGB565 dynamic bitmap and everything was working well, but since I need to do alpha blending I am now attempting to use an ARGB8888 bitmap.

I don't think memory is the issue as even creating a very small sized dynamic bitmap still results in the freeze. Besides which, when I trace the bitmap id and bitmap address, they both look fine (ie not BITMAP_INVALID or nullptr for the address)

Is there something else I need to do to use an ARGB8888 bitmap within a 16bit colour depth project?

2 REPLIES 2
Jazman
Associate III

Andrew - did you ever get this solved and how did you do it? I've having a similar issue. I'm tripping a hard fault when getting to the add(image) in the view setup function.

Keith

AndrewM
Associate III

Hi Jazman, sadly, I never did get it working. I made do with a different implementation avoiding dynamic bitmaps altogether however I will need to revisit this in the future and do an implementation using an RGB565 dynamic bitmap but would much prefer being able to use an ARGB8888 dynamic bitmap.