cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX some widgets and containers causing hardfault after 4.16.1 to 4.17.0 update

afergan
Associate II

I'm currently working on TouchGFX application on STM32H743 but after TouchGFX update my application started to drop in hardfault. The tools I use are as follows;

Keil v5.35.0.0

CubeMX 6.3.0

TouchGFX 4.17.0

Board: NUCLEO-H743ZI2

Debugger: Onboard ST-Link V3

Complier: Keil v5

RTOS: Keil RTX v5.5.3

I'm using analog clock widget in my application. There is no problem on v4.16.1 but after updating TouchGFX to v4.17.0 my application started to drop in hardfault. Keil shows caller code of HardFault_Handler is 90th line in rtx_delay.c;

if (IsException() || IsIrqMasked()) {

After some investigation I realized that some of the widgets and containers causing this hardfault but i dont know why. Here is the widgets and containers i tested causing hardfault in my app;

Texture Mapper

Analog Clock

Dynamic Graph

Gauge

The visibility of the widgets on the screen does not affect the error, if there is one of the widgets on the displayed screen, it causes the error. However, if the screen containing these widgets is not displayed, the error does not occur.

I read the topic about L8 images, but I don't use this type of image. I'm using RGB565 and ARGB8888 image formats as seen in the picture.

0693W00000D14Y6QAJ.jpgCan someone help me to find why this widgets causing hard fault in my app?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
afergan
Associate II

Update:

I created a new project for another board and tried it. Problem still exists, until I add one of these widgets, the board works fine, and when added it gives a hardfault.