cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display RK043FN66HS-CTG from Rocktech

João Costa
Associate III

I'm building a new hardware based on STM32F7508-DK demo board. The display used by ST is the RK043FN48H-CT672B. According to Rocktech support, this display was customized for ST (with a single solderable flat cable). The touch and TFT driver ICs on this display are also becoming obsolete. Rocktech is suggesting me to use the new Display RK043FN66HS-CTG, with newer touch and TFT driver ICs. Rocktech said that this drivers are compatible and it should work well... Do you gus have any experience on this new displays from Rocktech?

28 REPLIES 28

I2C communication is only for touch panel. If you not using touchscreen then I2C communication is not required​

​As far I understand the I2C is needed if you are using the touch functionality. For display only you don't need I2C.

Dear @João Costa

First of all, I want to thank you for your kindness in sharing the GT911 touch driver with us and saves our time.

I have trouble with I2C SDA and SCL pins, because my pins connected to different ports from yours (PH7 and PC9), eventually I changed the pin initialization but no luck, Is this some kind of clue you give me to go on running GT911 successfully?

By the way, my board is custom made with STM32F746BGT6 - QSPI - SDRAM - 9" LCD and of course GT911 touch panel.

regards

SBord.1
Associate

Dear Expert,

I am using RK043FN66HS-CTG in my device as a manufacturer.

However, there is Supply issue at manufacturer issue and as such I am looking at an immediate alternate.

I have found some models from Tianma Corp. similar to my 4.3 TFT LCD but the pin is different and doesn't comply to my pcb.

I am in big problem I cant change my design all of a sudden and as per market available LCD+ TP.

Can anybody in this community help me to find my exact CTP match in any LCD maker in this world.

Any solution for this is highly recommended.

MY PIN as attachment below.0693W00000BaTa5QAF.jpg.

Dear, @João Costa

How do you set the launch settings for touch?

Dear, @João Costa, thanks for your sharing.

I'm adapting a new display to a STM32H747I-EVAL board, and the TS chip is a GT911.

With the driver you provided I'm able to get the chip identification back, but whenever I read the status register, I get no touches.

Do you have any idea on what can it be the problem? It seems that the chip is deactivated in some way, it seems that it isn't sampling data. The initialization function is correctly performed, apart from the reset/addressing sequence, as on the evaluation board the INT pin is handed by the multiplexer and not directly from the microcontroller. But I'm pretty sure I'm talking to it at the right address.

Thanks and best regards,

Stefano ​

Hey @Community member​ , where you able to fix this? because I think I sort of have the same problem.

Thanks

Hello @vishraadh​, I got in touch with the display manufacturer. They drove me to the correct solution. You basically have to left the INT pin floating, no pull/up or pull/down neither external or internal. This should be sufficient to have the GT911 working,

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers

Stefano

Hey @Community member​, Thank you for your reply. The error I had was due to a wrong bitmask. Solved it now.

Cheers