cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display RK043FN66HS-CTG from Rocktech

João Costa
Associate III

I'm building a new hardware based on STM32F7508-DK demo board. The display used by ST is the RK043FN48H-CT672B. According to Rocktech support, this display was customized for ST (with a single solderable flat cable). The touch and TFT driver ICs on this display are also becoming obsolete. Rocktech is suggesting me to use the new Display RK043FN66HS-CTG, with newer touch and TFT driver ICs. Rocktech said that this drivers are compatible and it should work well... Do you gus have any experience on this new displays from Rocktech?

28 REPLIES 28

I got the same answer from Rocktech!

YAdan
Associate II

It all worked fine using the given files.

Hi @YAdan​ ! Glad to know it! Thanks for reply...

@João Filipe Silva Costa​ and @YAdan​  It is not working for me. I have STM32F429 Disco board and I am using 4.3" LCD with CTP. Touch is not working for me. I have changed in F429 BSP as per attached BSP for F7, but no success. Can anyone help me where to connect INT and RST pins? This board is having ST make touch controller connected to I2C3. I have connected pins of touch connector parallel to it but confused with INT and RST pins. Please help.

YAdan
Associate II

Hello Sahil Ahmad,

I hope you know this post concerns only custom boards using RK043FN66HS-CTG LCD.

Find below the two connectors pinout for my LCD side.

On the MCU side I am using a diffrent package than the discovery board but should be the same.

The NRST is connected to NRST pin and INT to PI13. But I guess this you know,

I hope that helps.

0693W000000ThJdQAK.png

Sahil Ahmad
Associate II

Thanks for clearing the confusion. I'll try and update you tomorrow.​

@YAdan​ @João Filipe Silva Costa​ 

Thanks guys, finally it is working for me. For me it didn't worked as it is. I need to Toggle reset and int pins as gt911 datasheet timing. Finally it is working now, thanks you for making that complete drivers, which helped me lot​

SJULI.1
Associate II

Hi João Costa and yAdan,

I am in the same case as you.

Thanks for your previous answers about the touch screen.

What about the evolution of LCD driver? (ST7282 instead of OTA5180A)

How did you manage this evolution? Did youd implement a ST7282 driver?

Thanks,

Hi @SJULI.1​ , there is no need to to change the LCD driver, just the touch. 👍

Thanks for your answer.

That means, there is no need to have I2C communication between LCD and µC? The RBG signals (+ VSYNC + HSYNCG+DE+CLK,+DISP) are enough to configure and drive the LCD?