cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crate custom project

MBosc.2
Associate II

HI

I am a beginner on using touchGFX. I did some tests with an evaluation board and everything works, I was able to do some tests. Now I ask you how should I do to create a new project with a hardware built by me? I haven't found a tutorial explaining how to set up IDE and GFX from the start.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Mbosc.2

Have you read this article explaining board bring up: Board Bring Up Introduction | TouchGFX Documentation

And also the "how to" section addressing different steps and components.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ktrofimo
Senior III

It is pretty straightforward. Set up your display hardware (like LTDC and DMA2D), and enable TouchGXF in STM32CubeIDE​. This will make an empty TouchGFX project in source tree. Open it, make your screen(s) and generate code. Then switch back to STM32CubeIDE, check for necessary include paths and libraries and compile project. Should be compiled without errors.

Probably you will need to ​add your own touchscreen driver (not generated for custom boards)

Generally you should be able to switch between TouchGFX designer and STM32CubeIDE and regenerate code as you need, but TouchGFX would not be able to build and run simulator ​project without special attention - it is necessary to cut all extra code with #ifndef SIMULATOR directives.

MBosc.2
Associate II

Thanks..

I tried to do the whole procedure and create the touchGFX folders.

But I still have some problems that it doesn't fill in:

1): libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a did not create the folder, do I have to copy it by hand?

2) undefined reference to 'touchgfx_init' I think I have entered the path correctly

1. This library should be in project source structure. Take an example project and see how it is configured.

2. Check header files

Hello Mbosc.2

Have you read this article explaining board bring up: Board Bring Up Introduction | TouchGFX Documentation

And also the "how to" section addressing different steps and components.

MBosc.2
Associate II

Hi MIKKELSEN,

thanks, I had found and followed the procedure and it creates the whole environment including touchGFX. But I still have a problem when I compile, probably I am missing a setting, the library has been added, I send the error screen.

What have I forgotten?

MBosc.2
Associate II

0693W00000DqDivQAF.png0693W00000DqDigQAF.png

Hello MBosc.2

It seems you have create a C based project. As TouchGFX is C++ based you would need to C/C++ based CubeIDE project.

Popping in to inform you that you can convert your project to C++ by right clicking on your project in the Tree View on the left in STM32CubeIDE

/Romain