cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't compile in CubeIDE after deleting image in designer

CHech.1
Associate III

Hi,

I've come across what seems to be a Designer bug which I don't know how to solve or how to avoid it in the future.

I added an animated image to my project that consists of a few images. Afterwards I deleted the animated image and proceeded to remove the images the Designer's images screen.

Then, to my surprise, when I tried to compile through the CubeIDE I received the following error message:

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/TouchGFXProjects/FirstApplication/TouchGFX/generated/images/src/image_FullPallete.cpp', needed by 'Application/User/generated/image_FullPallete.o'.  Stop.

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/TouchGFXProjects/FirstApplication/TouchGFX/generated/images/src/image_FullPallete.cpp', needed by 'Application/User/generated/image_FullPallete.o'. Stop.

If I re-add the images, it works fine. If I try to delete them again, the same thing happens.

I don't want these images and I don't know how to get rid of them.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

As Alexandre said this issue was expected to be fixed. The workaround otherwise would be to manually delete the "Debug" folder in the Tree View of your project in STM32CubeIDE.

/Romain

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello CHech.1,

What version of TouchGFX are you using ?

This bug should not appear with the latest version (4.17).

/Alexandre

Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

As Alexandre said this issue was expected to be fixed. The workaround otherwise would be to manually delete the "Debug" folder in the Tree View of your project in STM32CubeIDE.

/Romain

Hi, i'm using 4.17

Thank you!