cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I drive a 1280×720 display with the STM32H7x7?

m4l490n
Associate III

I was reading in there reference manual and I found this section: 34.4.2 Supported resolutions and frame rates. But it is noted clear to me I'd I would be able to run a display with 1280×720 resolution?

Is this possible?s

26 REPLIES 26

Clone device GM7123

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOc74zG4IS4

https://medium.com/@jeremysee_2/designing-a-24-bit-vga-adapter-acbcccd3258e

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi @Tesla DeLorean 

Yes , the modular design provides the flexibility for multiple options and the dev board was designed ( future experiments on minimum costs ) keeping in mind.

below is the render of my H745 Mother Board. The RGB888 Header is highlighted in red box.

PCB_MB_TOP.jpg

the header has RGB888 and also I2C for future options .

My first experiment with this board was with Single Channel LVDS type TFTs .

while I am working on Dual Channel LVDS (DS90C387)  and the Dual Channel add-on board is designed but not yet ordered.

ABOUT VGA CARD...

RGB-VGA-BOARD.jpg

RGB888-VGA.PNG

It was quit simple to port ADV7123 .

Above are screen shot of pcb design and its render.

ADV7123-SCH-03.png

I added 74LVC04 on HSync & VSync signals.

Configuration LTDC in MX .

I used standard display timings found on google for VGA interface.

But it took few weeks to trouble-shoot my VGA board and fine tune for flicker free display. (well ,, my job is like mechatronics engineering and hardly i spare little time on weekends )

BTW , all of my TouchGFX experiments are as hobbyist , means nothing is developed , focusing commercial benefits until now.

never hesitate , if you need more info ...

I'll keep posting about my experiments 

regards , 

I.N

Hi @Tesla DeLorean @ferro 

Here is my Modular Dual Channel RGB888 to LVDS board which I will order soon.

Screenshot 2024-07-06 152512.png

With this card , I will be able to interface Laptop TFTs with higher resolutions.

regards

I.N

Hello @INaee.1 

Thank you for sharing your designs. I struggle even with writing functional GUI software, so seeing someone who can design hardware as well is very impressive. It's great to be in total control. Seems like universal system to monitor a power plant/generator.

Because of enormous size/complexity of Qt framework, I'm toying with the idea of using Gfx for desktop application development. However, the amount of work required to implement all the missing ready-to-use widgets, which are readily available in Qt, is off-putting. I guess over time Gfx will implement those as well ( e.g. 'Open File' )

Hi @Tesla DeLorean 

Interesting YT channel, thanks for sharing. What library do you use to display 3D mesh ?

Hi @ferro 

I have been working as a Field Service Engineer with Woodward's channel partner in middle east.

My background is Oil & Gas and Power Industries with worldwide project experience.

Woodward uses QT in their Turbine control Systems like 505 . which I commissioned many units in middle east.

I can be much helpful developing widgets and gauges in TouchGFX.

Embedded developments and automations are my passions .

Moreover I have developed my own Modbus Master & Modbus Slave codes (RTU and TCP) in C-language and no doubt Modbus is one of famous and commonly used protocol in industries .

Contact me in private messaging and we will discuss .

My next target is to design dev board across STM32MP157 SOM.

About my recent experiment of TouchGFX over VGA .

Now I am able to use any standard LCD Monitor as HMI , and no restrictions of utilizing lcds with LVDs etc type , But one of my previous experiment across Samsung Tab 3 , 10.1 inch 1280X800 is one of the best I did .

Here is on-going pcb design .

RGB888 to HDMI 

RGB-HDMI.png

regards

I.N

Hi,
I'm trying to achieve the same. What is the DSI lane byte clock frequency? Can you share more details?