cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG : STM32CubeProgrammer 2.6.0] Space in "Program Files" makes external loader loading failing

SimonF
Senior

Hello,

I cannot use correctly TouchGFX Designer. When I use "run Target", when arriving at the step of stmCubeProgrammer, I have this issue :

-------------------------------------------------------------------
                               STM32CubeProgrammer v2.6.0                  
              -------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: External loader c:\program cannot be loaded.
        Error: External loader files\stmicroelectronics\stm32cube\stm32cubeprogrammer\bin\externalloader\n25q128a_stm32469i-disco.stldr cannot be loaded.
        ST-LINK SN  : 066EFF3530384E5043221930
        ST-LINK FW  : V2J36M26
        Board       : 32F469IDISCOVERY
        Voltage     : 3.24V
        SWD freq    : 4000 KHz
        Connect mode: Normal
        Reset mode  : Software reset
        Device ID   : 0x434
        Revision ID : Rev A
        Device name : STM32F469xx/F467xx
        Flash size  : 2 MBytes
        Device type : MCU
        Device CPU  : Cortex-M4

As you can see the path for the external loader path is splited in 2 parts because of the space in "Program Files". It seems that I am the only one with this issue ? I did not have this issue with the previous release of TouchGFX.

21 REPLIES 21
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

The General solution is to call the cli.exe directly from the bin/ folder and supply a relative path to the stldr file. You should be able to find the spot in the gcc/Makefile where this call is made.

Fix is like:

@cd "$(st_stm32cube_programmer_bin_path)" && ./$(stm_stm32cube_programmer_exe) -c port=SWD -d $(application_path)/$(binary_output_path)/target.hex -el $(stm32cubeLoader_relative_path) -hardRst

/Martin

Hello @Houda Ghabri (ST Employee)​ ,

Your workaround only works when running in command prompt but not when setting up in the CubeIDE and external tool configuration.