cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 TouchGFX installations, each adds a second language, one creates LanguageDe.cpp, the other doesn't

nickpelling
Associate

We have two (nearly identical) PCs with TouchGFX Designer installed, and we're trying to add a second language (DE = German). On both PCs, TouchGFX Designer updates texts.xlsx when we click [Generate Code], so it seems as though both PCs are running TouchGFX Designer OK.

However, even though TouchGFX Designer correctly creates a LanguageDe.cpp on one PC, it does not create LanguageDe.cpp on the other PC. So it seems as though the two PCs are configured slightly differently.

What is TouchGFX Designer doing to create LanguageDe.cpp? Does this process rely on any external tools or particular configuration? What might be causing this to go wrong on one but not the other? Is there a way to enable more verbose logging (temporarily)?

Both PCs are running TouchGFX Designer 4.16.0.

PS: I looked at the TouchGFXDesigner.log file in AppData\Roaming, but the only log messages there were:

2023-07-06 17:49:49,570 [1] DEBUG TouchGFXDomainModel.LoadSave.Excel.ExcelHandler: Parsing done. Last text row: 179, last typ row: 12
2023-07-06 17:49:49,570 [1] DEBUG TouchGFXDomainModel.LoadSave.Excel.ExcelHandler: Valid text file.
2023-07-06 17:49:49,586 [1] DEBUG TouchGFXDomainModel.LoadSave.Excel.ExcelHandler: Parsing done. Last text row: 179, last typ row: 12

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Yoann,

I found the problem - TouchGFX includes some *.out files (that it somehow relies on when you regenerate the code), which our team had inadvertently added to .gitignore and removed from the repo. Reinstating the files fixed the issue (phew).

Thanks, Nick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @nickpelling,

Could you please update your project to the latest TouchGFX version ? (4.22.0).

That could probably solve the issue.

Those assets are generated by some scripts that we call the TextConverter, but that should work without any particular configuration or setting.

Let me know how it is going 🙂

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hi Yoann,

I found the problem - TouchGFX includes some *.out files (that it somehow relies on when you regenerate the code), which our team had inadvertently added to .gitignore and removed from the repo. Reinstating the files fixed the issue (phew).

Thanks, Nick