cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Point advice for STM32L451 Cryptographic Peripheral

EOCon.1
Associate II

Hi all,

I would like to use the Cryptographic peripheral in my STM32L451 to encode and decode some data based on a pre-stored common key.

Are there any examples for Atollic that would get me started on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EOCon.1
Associate II

Problem solved, my L451 does not have the hardware peripheral,only the big brother of this family

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

I adivse you to refer to the HAL example within STM32CubeL4 firmware and you can easily port it on the STM32L451:

STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.17.0\Projects\STM32L476G-EVAL\Examples\CRYP

You can also download the STM32CubeExpansion_Crypto_V4.0.1 library, and easily port the STM32L4 example according to your needs.

Hope this helps you!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
EOCon.1
Associate II

ok, is there a reason why there is zero mention of CRYP or AES in the file the stores all of the register base addresses?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/STMicroelectronics/cmsis_device_l4/master/Include/stm32l451xx.h

I have tried to look at some example but in the stm32l4xx_hal_cryp.h file there is this definition AES_TypeDef *Instance; /*!< Register base address */

This definition should be defined in my link along with the register layout but it is not, can you please explain why?

Please show me which file has the register map for the AES peripheral.

EOCon.1
Associate II

Problem solved, my L451 does not have the hardware peripheral,only the big brother of this family