cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to load UserApp (sfb file) using TeraTerm .The terminal is always stuck at the first block transfer.

p123
Associate II

Hello, I am new with NUCLEO STM32G4754 and trying the SBSFU examples (1 image). I can flash and launch the SBSFU but I can't load any user application (userapp.sfb)

I use STM32 tools, Windows with the same result :

• I connect using Teraterm (on Windows) with YMODEM protocol,
  • The terminal display the SBSFU sequence, which is good and terminates by waiting for a user applion to be downloaded
  • I Send the UserApp.sfb with (File->Transfer->Ymodem)
  • AND the load remains stopped only elapsed time is increases..

13 REPLIES 13
p123
Associate II

Hi @Jocelyn RICARD​ ,

As per your suggestion I had activate the protection one by one but during that process somehow ST link is not found I can't flash the code into the board. The inbuilt ST-Link is detected and is recognized by the computer. But when trying to flash the code an error message 'Error: No STM32 target found!' is displayed. Then I used STM32CubeProgrammer, the same happens. I had tried all configuration i.e. I had tried all modes i.e. "under reset mode", "normal", "Hot plug"

also I had tried all reset mode i.e. "software reset", "Hardware reset", "Core reset". but same error occur. How to resolve this issue. Is there is any other way to erase chip.

Hello @PB1,

if the STLink does not find the STM32G4 target, this can be because you mistakenly activated RDP2 level 2. In this case you need to change your chip. There is no way to recover. Other possibility, something went wrong on your board, a jumper was removed, power fails, a short, anything that prevents the MCU to boot. You can check reset pin for instance to see if it is released.

Best regards

Jocelyn

p123
Associate II

Hi @Jocelyn RICARD​ ,

Is there any option of factory reset or anything else??????

Hi @p123​ ,

There is no factory reset as such. Anyway, even if it existed, it would require the chip to be accessible. The equivalent of a factory reset can be done by setting option bytes to their default value.

Best regards

Jocelyn