cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOTA L2Sec stream fails due to STSAFE setup error

SedCore
Associate III

Hello,

I'm trying to run the X-CUBE-IOTA1 v3.0 on the B-U585I-IOT02A board, but after following the tutorial in UM2606 I get the following error when trying to send L2Sec Stream:

SedCore_0-1707329532392.png

What can be the reason of the pairing_stsafe result failing, please?

Best regards,

@Jocelyn RICARD @Benjamin BARATTE 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Benjamin BARATTE
ST Employee

Hi @SedCore,

I think this issue is related the change of the STSAFE-A power management on B-U585-IOT2A board.

The error reported (1) is STSAFEA_COMMUNICATION_ERROR which generally occurs on the first STSAFE-A commands when the STSAFE-A is not responding on the I2C.

According to the User Manual of the B-U585-IOT2A board, the PF11 pin shall be 0 to enable the STSAFE-A.

In the X-CUBE-IOTA v3.0.0 x-cube-iota1/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/IOTA-Client/NetXDuo/App/STSAFE/stsafea_service_interface.c

in the HW_IO_Init, you have this line which set the PF11 to 1 :

HAL_GPIO_WritePin(STSAFEA_VREG_GPIO_PORT, STSAFEA_VREG_PIN, GPIO_PIN_SET);

Therefore, this disabled the STSAFE-A.

if you replace the line by HAL_GPIO_WritePin(STSAFEA_VREG_GPIO_PORT, STSAFEA_VREG_PIN, GPIO_PIN_RESET);

It should enable the STSAFE-A and you should be able to run the test code.

Best Regards,

Benjamin

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Benjamin BARATTE
ST Employee

Hi @SedCore,

I think this issue is related the change of the STSAFE-A power management on B-U585-IOT2A board.

The error reported (1) is STSAFEA_COMMUNICATION_ERROR which generally occurs on the first STSAFE-A commands when the STSAFE-A is not responding on the I2C.

According to the User Manual of the B-U585-IOT2A board, the PF11 pin shall be 0 to enable the STSAFE-A.

In the X-CUBE-IOTA v3.0.0 x-cube-iota1/Projects/B-U585I-IOT02A/Applications/IOTA-Client/NetXDuo/App/STSAFE/stsafea_service_interface.c

in the HW_IO_Init, you have this line which set the PF11 to 1 :

HAL_GPIO_WritePin(STSAFEA_VREG_GPIO_PORT, STSAFEA_VREG_PIN, GPIO_PIN_SET);

Therefore, this disabled the STSAFE-A.

if you replace the line by HAL_GPIO_WritePin(STSAFEA_VREG_GPIO_PORT, STSAFEA_VREG_PIN, GPIO_PIN_RESET);

It should enable the STSAFE-A and you should be able to run the test code.

Best Regards,

Benjamin

Thanks for your advice, now the encryption using STSAFE is working well. 👍👍

But unfortunately, the message is not being sent, due to a DNS error when trying to connect to the Tangle network at this address: https://api.lb-0.h.chrysalis-devnet.iota.cafe

There is no public network running the Chrysalis protocol anymore, so the X-CUBE-IOTA1 package should be updated.

Andrea Palmieri
ST Employee

Hello @SedCore 

the X-CUBE-IOTA1 package is going to be archived and will not be updated.

Kind regards

Andrea

Hello @Andrea Palmieri 

Is there any plan to make another repository for IOTA?

Thanks

Hello @SedCore 

I'm also looking at this project. Is there any way to use chrysalis API?

Thank you.

Hello, Chrysalis has been archived by the IOTA Foundation. The Tangle is now in the Stardust stage.

Hello @SedCore 

Is there any way to use the Stardust api in X-CUBE-IOTA1 package?

Thank you

X-CUBE-IOTA package seems to rely on the IOTA C library, which is now archived: https://github.com/iotaledger/iota.c

So, there is no longer a working IOTA API in C language. I'm not sure the existing archived C library can work with Stardust. Maybe this could help: https://github.com/iotaledger/iota-sdk-native-bindings 

BR.

Thank you for your reply.

So you mean Now X-CUBE-IOTA doesn't work properly... 

I will try to modify this application code to fit the stardust protocol... 

But I am not sure it is possible.

Thank you so much!