cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File not correctly received - SBSFU

ChristoffMason
Associate

I am trying to follow the getting started guide (UM2262) for the SBSFU using our own hardware.  I have got as far getting to the main "secure boot and secure firmware update" screen in Tera Term, however when trying to send the .sfb file, I get the following error - "File not correctly received". 

The only information I can find is in the user manual with the following description for the error- "During a local download procedure, the download operation did not complete successfully (Ymodem protocol issue)." 

I have checked the Tera Term settings, and they are set as per the getting started guide.

I realise that I need the STSAFE - A-110 device connected via I2C, which I have not done yet - could that be the cause?

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello @ChristoffMason ,

The X-CUBE-SBSFU package provides an example based on STM32G474RE with 512KB of flash.

You have a setup with 128KB of flash. So, you need to change the mapping.

Also, be aware that only 1image is usable on a 128KB flash as bootloader takes 40KB to 64KB depending on options.

Best regards

Jocelyn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi @ChristoffMason ,

the STSAFE-A110 is just an option. Examples using the STSAFE-A110 are intended only for DK boards which do embed one. What device are you using?

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the reply

In our product we are using the STM32G474CBT6, so I figured trying to use the NUCLEO-G474RE SBSFU example would be a good way to go, and try to make it run on our board.  It's good to hear that it should run without the STSAGE device, as we don't have one connected.

Our setup connects to the micro UART via a USB / RS232 converter (FTDI I think), I hope that's not the issue?

I am currently putting TRACE statements in the SBSFU code to try and work out what is going on.  At the moment I have found that within SFU_BOOT_SM_DownloadNewUserFw(), 

e_ret_status_app == SFU_LOADER_ERR_COM

Not sure if that means anything.

Now going to look what's happening in SFU_LOADER_DownloadNewUserFw

BR,

Chris

Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello @ChristoffMason ,

The X-CUBE-SBSFU package provides an example based on STM32G474RE with 512KB of flash.

You have a setup with 128KB of flash. So, you need to change the mapping.

Also, be aware that only 1image is usable on a 128KB flash as bootloader takes 40KB to 64KB depending on options.

Best regards

Jocelyn