cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which peripherals are really in a product?

JanAtze
Associate II

Hi,

1. In the STM32G0x1 reference manual I can read about the FDCAN peripheral. But there is no STM32G0 MCU with FDCAN anyway. Why is FDCAN in this reference manual anyway?

2. How can I know whether a MCU has DFU (USB bootloader)? There's no column for that in the product selector and  - obviously - I can't know it for sure from the datasheet or reference manual (see 1)?

3. Is the product selector the only way to know which peripherals are in which MCU's? Or are there any other ways to get to know this?

I'm struggling with finding out which peripherals are in which MCU's and I ordered some wrong MCU's allready too.

Greetz & thanks,

Jan

4 REPLIES 4
BarryWhit
Senior

Obviously you could use CubeMX to select a chip and verify which peripherals are configurable, anyway.

Anyway, there is also the STM32 MCUFinder, which is obviously like a local version of the product tables.

I think USB-DFU is fairly universally supported, but obviously it's not in all parts since some don't have USB support anyway. You could look at AN2606, which organizes information about the bootloader across all STM32 families, you should find what you need there. Obviously, there might be missing information, but I think you will find it useful anyway.

Anyway, you probably already know that the peripherals supported by a chip can depend on only on the family but also, obviously, on the package/number of available pins.

- If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
- Once you've solved your issue, please consider posting a summary with any additional details you've learned. Your new knowledge may help others in the future.
AScha.3
Chief

Hi,

>1. STM32G0C1xC

AScha3_0-1719066321393.png

so 2 CAN - right ?

>2. maybe : almost all have...? and see ds of any cpu , about boot:

AScha3_1-1719066452701.png

G0 here, just because i had open..

>3. Product selector : not enough to select - or..?

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/stm32-mcu-product-selector.html

then try:

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/st-mcu-finder-pc.html

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Check in the reference manual in "1.4 Availability of peripherals"

In 'G0 family, only'G0Bx/'G0Cx (which is the same for with disabled/enabled crypto) have USB at all, so there is no point in checking USB/DFU bootloader in other models (as been said, in AN2606).

JW