cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is ETH_PHY_INTN

pkoevesdi
Senior

In the reference Manual of STMH730, on Table 543, page 2825, there's a Port "ETH_PHY_INTN" listed. Where ist that port? Or where can I configure the GPIO to use for it? I cannot find anything in the datasheet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Just got the feedback regarding this topic and thank you for your patience.

The ETH_PHY_INTN pin is not available and it will be removed from the documentation. Meanwhile, this functionality could be managed by GPIO and EXTI.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

This is likely error in the RM. The Data sheet for H730 does not mention a pin function ETH_PHY_INTN.

If you want to receive interrupts from your PHY interrupt output, it can be connected to any suitable pin.

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

I'm checking that internally. It could be a typo or a miss.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Pavel A. wrote:

This is likely error in the RM. The Data sheet for H730 does not mention a pin function ETH_PHY_INTN.

If you want to receive interrupts from your PHY interrupt output, it can be connected to any suitable pin.

Yes, but the RM says "Bit 3 PHYIS: PHY Interrupt
This bit is set when rising edge is detected on the ETH_PHY_INTN input. This bit is cleared when this register is read."

So, to use this function, I'd have to tell, where I have my INT input connected. So, either there's a dedicated pin function for it, which we cannot find in the datasheet, or I'd expect some register to tell, which GPIO I use for it.

Thank You for looking at it. For the first I assume, I can take any GPIO. Please tell here, if there's a special pin / function needed.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

The ETH IP supports multiple products. Some of them may have a dedicated PHY interrupt input, then it goes into that register bit.  Let's wait for SofLit to check.

Any news on this?

I will keep you informed as soon as I have a feedback.

Hello,

Just got the feedback regarding this topic and thank you for your patience.

The ETH_PHY_INTN pin is not available and it will be removed from the documentation. Meanwhile, this functionality could be managed by GPIO and EXTI.

Thank you!