cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vcore voltage levels - published values in source?

jreina
Associate III

Hi,

What are the Vcore volage levels for the STM32H562 as applied by the VOS configuration bits?

Datasheet -

• VOS0-3 = [1.35, 1.20, 1.10, 1.00] V

Source

• VOS0-3 = [1.2, 1.1, 1.0, 0.9] V

The discrepancy lies in some outdated comments I think; maybe the values in source linked above (lines 326-347) are just an artifact that needs updated

Are the datasheet values in Table 20 of this datasheet correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

the ds is the data...it should be, what chip doing.

+

>maybe the values in source linked above (lines 326-347) are just an artifact that needs updated

Seems so. Frequencies there are also wrong...at least in my version.

And this is just a (copied) comment - not the ds.

Anyway - why you care about the "real" voltage ? You can switch the level 0..3 , but the chip will do, whatever this version of chip deciding then to do. You cannot change or adjust a certain level.

If just for interest : try to measure it , with the ADC ->

AScha3_0-1717608748081.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

the ds is the data...it should be, what chip doing.

+

>maybe the values in source linked above (lines 326-347) are just an artifact that needs updated

Seems so. Frequencies there are also wrong...at least in my version.

And this is just a (copied) comment - not the ds.

Anyway - why you care about the "real" voltage ? You can switch the level 0..3 , but the chip will do, whatever this version of chip deciding then to do. You cannot change or adjust a certain level.

If just for interest : try to measure it , with the ADC ->

AScha3_0-1717608748081.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Interesting, thank you AScha.3! Yes I assumed the datasheet correct but wanted validation in response to someone on the hardware team at work 

I also really appreciate your feedback on the relevance for voltage levels! We will be in review (and your ADC measuring reference - GOLDEN, thank you)

Maybe even faster : look at the VCAP pin (at your case) and check just with a DMM . (core voltage)

AScha3_0-1717610260033.png

Then you see, what your chip doing . 🙂

Oh!! I will be in review, thank you tremendously AScha.3