cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB HS is disabled in CubeMX when LTDS is enabled on H743VIT6

Robmar
Senior III

I'd like to use both of the Synopsis USB controllers on the STM32H743VIT6, one as device, one as host, but to do that I understand that the other USB controller is accessed through the USB HS device, which is disabled because of the use of LTDC.

Currently I have the FS USB device working as switchable dual-role Host/Device.

I don't know why the HS USB controller is disabled by CubeMX, as the pin outs for HS DM+/- are free.

Is there a way to get around this to use both USB controllers and the LTDC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you're correct, it seems MX Cube was blocked because PB13 was assigned to SPI2_CLK and it wanted to use that for USB_OTH_HS_VBUS, which I assume must be internally hard-wired to the USB-HS controller, I just had to move SPI2_CLK to PA9 to free it.

It looks like I can simply configure both controllers, one as device, one as host, and use the standard routines (modified for CDC to work), would you agree, or are there any hidden complication?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AScha.3
Chief II

I tried to have LTDC and both USB , no problem to see:

AScha3_1-1725113119533.png

I am on IDE 1.13.1 .

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Yes, you're correct, it seems MX Cube was blocked because PB13 was assigned to SPI2_CLK and it wanted to use that for USB_OTH_HS_VBUS, which I assume must be internally hard-wired to the USB-HS controller, I just had to move SPI2_CLK to PA9 to free it.

It looks like I can simply configure both controllers, one as device, one as host, and use the standard routines (modified for CDC to work), would you agree, or are there any hidden complication?

Yes, agree.

Anyway OTG (auto switching host/device on a usb port) doesnt work by generating code - you would have to write it yourself... (or find a working example on git).

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Yes, we have that working already, with a custom circuit for the two device/host sense lines and a VBUS power IC.

Well, lets hope this will be an easy sale!