cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB available on STM32G0B0KET6 ?

Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

DS13565 Rev 2 says under 3.20: "The embedded USB controller cannot be used on STM32G0B0KE as this device does not provide an HSE oscillator input.". Well, sounds reasonable. But same DS says in Table 11 for Pin 2 (LQFP32) PC14: "OSC32_IN, OSC_IN" whereas for the higher pin count packages PC14 has only "OSC32_IN".
So, HSE bypass is available on LQFP32?!

Now CubeMX 6.10.0 with G0 1.6.1, gives after selection of "G0 series" and "USB FS" a list *INCLUDING* STM32G0B0KET6, and even the "Features" tab of the very same device shows  "USB 2.0 FS device and host controller". After selecting STM32G0B0KET6, one can definitely check "BYPASS Clock Source" under "RCC", and Pinout view shows this is located on PC14, as expected. Clock config tab now allows HSE -> PLL -> PLLR -> SYSCLOCK, and even shows "PLLQ" and "USB Clock Mux", but both not configurable. But neither RM nor DS restricts use of PLLQ divider for LQFP32. Pretty inconsistent.

So, after all, what's the intention regarding USB on STM32G0B0KET6?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Andreas Bolsch ,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

After checking internally, I can confirm that HSE bypass is available on LQFP32 and it is possible to use USB with this package through HSE in bypass mode.

I reported internally the datasheet and STM32CubeMX for correction.

Internal ticket number: 170693  (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
liaifat85
Senior II

There might be some confusion or inconsistencies in the documentation or software tools regarding the availability of specific features related to USB usage, especially with respect to the HSE oscillator input and its relationship to USB functionality. I hope STM authority will clarify this matter. 

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Andreas Bolsch ,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

After checking internally, I can confirm that HSE bypass is available on LQFP32 and it is possible to use USB with this package through HSE in bypass mode.

I reported internally the datasheet and STM32CubeMX for correction.

Internal ticket number: 170693  (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks!