cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USART 2 Transmit not working

Mani1
Associate II

Board : STM32F746G

I configure USART1 with same configuration. USART1 is working fine. I did same configuration for USART2 also, but USART2 not working. I don't know what's happening.

Thanks

Manikandan D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

And what do you mean with "serial port"? Are you scoping it? Or is it connected to FTDI -> USB? Hence my question "What is UART2 connected to?"...

I suppose that UART1 and UART2 are not connected to the same physical HW block

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Show RCC, GPIO and USART2 related initialization code.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Community member​  here i have attached my main.c file

here i attached my mx configuration.

Sebastiaan
Senior

What exactly is not working? It's not clear what you're trying to achieve. What is UART2 connected to? Did you scope the TX pin? is it pulled high by another component?

I am going to send "Hello!" via USART2 transmit. Same method i used for UASRT1 transmit, but there the hello printed in serial port. When i am using USART2 transmit, the "Hello!" is not print in serial port.

Thanks

Manikandan D

And what do you mean with "serial port"? Are you scoping it? Or is it connected to FTDI -> USB? Hence my question "What is UART2 connected to?"...

TDK
Guru

> Board : STM32F746G

This is a chip, not a board. Do you mean the 32F746GDISCOVERY?

USART2 is not hooked up to the VCP.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Mani1
Associate II

Do you mean the 32F746GDISCOVERY?

YES

Yes this is true. I test the both USART1 and USART2 in same USB port. That is the mistake