cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade ST-Link on Nucleo-H563ZI not possible

BViet.1
Associate III

Hello,
I want to do some programming on the Nucleo-H563ZI development board and the CebeIDE tells me that I need to upgrade the firmware on the ST-LinkV3. When I try to upgrade it, I get an error message:

BViet1_0-1690373857701.png

Since then I'm not able to do anything. The board is not recognized, except I do a reset of the ST-Link over JP3 near the USB-C connector. Then I can start a new upgrade process, but it still ends with this error.

I think there is no firmware on the ST-Link right now.

I tried it on MacOS Ventura (screenshot), but get the same problem on a Windows 10 machine.

Can anyone help me to solve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

try other USB cables, maybe short + USB2 or 3 level; try also on different USB outlets...

"device lost" is probably cable/connection with bad signal at 480MHz speed.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

try other USB cables, maybe short + USB2 or 3 level; try also on different USB outlets...

"device lost" is probably cable/connection with bad signal at 480MHz speed.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thanks for your fast reply!

I tested different cables, from 20 cm to 1 m with USB-C to USB-C and to USB-A versions. everything the same. I triy to get another cable and test again.

BViet.1
Associate III

I found a cable that is working. Very strange, I have 5 different cables and only one is working. Thanks for you suggestion!

So the goal of USB-C is to reduce the total amount of cables to have less waste...and now I have a lot of cables with a bad quality that I can exchange in the future. Perfect!  

Kraal
Senior III

By any chance, have you tried to reverse the USB-C connector ? I mean if it does not work with one side up, try putting this side down. Some manufacturer don't bother to connect both sides (not ends) inside the connector.

BViet.1
Associate III

Yes I tried to reverse every cable, but nothing changed on most of them.