cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to STM32F407-DISC1 with STM32 ST-LINK Utility and STM32CubeProgrammer

arnold_w
Senior

I'm unable to connect to STM32F407-DISC1. STM32 ST-LINK Utility gives "No ST-LINK detected" and STM32CubeProgrammer gives "Error: No debug probe detected". I run Windows 10 Business on a Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 3 computer and I have tried with 2 different STM32F407-DISC1 boards, 2 different USB-cables and with both STM32 ST-LINK Utility versions 4.1.0 and 4.6.0. When I plug in my board, an additional "USB Composite Device" shows up under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" in the Device Manager, but it won't let me manually update the driver to the one inside the en.stsw-link009-folder. I have tried to uninstall STM32 ST-LINK Utility, reboot my computer and install STM32 ST-LINK Utility again, but to no avail. Can someone please help me?

STLiink.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Could you try with another USB port on you PC? moreover try with another PC/Laptop

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I tried it on my colleague's laptop with STM32CubeProgrammer and got: "Error: No STM32 target found! If your product embeds Debug Authentication, please perform a discovery using Debug Authentication"

SofLit
ST Employee

Did you connect to these boards previously or it's the first time you're doing it?

Are you sure the boards are not broken?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Did you connect to these boards previously or it's the first time you're doing it? We used them many years ago

Are you sure the boards are not broken? But 2 boards with the same problem?

Ok but are they new? Are they yours originally? 

It could be broken and thrown by their original owner.. Who knows ..

Ok but are they new? No, several years old

Are they yours originally? Yes

But isn't this a driver issue? Should the dev board really show up as a "USB Composite Device"? And should it really use the driver C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\usbccgp.sys, provided by Microsoft and have driver date of 21/06/2006?

Why with your colleague laptop is not working? so I couldn't suspect the driver for now.. 

Did you check with your colleague laptop and CubeProgrammer instead of STLink-Utility?

Do you get the Windows Ding-Dong sound when attaching?

Does the device show up in Device Manager? If not it's not going to be found by ST's tools.

Get the right driver loaded. Make sure to use a suitable cable. The charging cables with just power wired will not work, data wires needed.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..