cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART pins issue rx, tx & enable gets high after transmittting data properly for hours.

vk18
Visitor

Hi community,

I am getting error in my stm32 microcontroller system which is used to communicate data of the sensor uart. 

Initially everything is working fine the adc data is coming perfect. Able to send data through uart without any error. But after 1 to 2 hour of communication through uart rx, tx & enable pins are getting stuck to high. Not able to transmit data. At that very moment data through adc is been fetched & displayed by the controller as required only issue is the pins are not getting to low state after transmitting data. Please help & let us know if you have any particular solution or recommendation. 

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

You're going to need to give more details:

https://community.st.com/t5/community-guidelines/how-to-write-your-question-to-maximize-your-chances-to-find-a/ta-p/575228

What debugging have you done so far?

@vk18 wrote:

uart rx, tx & enable pins are getting stuck to high.

Is that the microcontroller pins getting stuck, or something else in your system sticking?

Provide some indication if you end up in Error_Handler or HardFault_Handler rather than die silently in a while(1) loop.

Check for sticky error status in the UART that will preclude transmission and reception. 

Watch for interrupt storm issues where an unserviced interrupt causes repeated entry and no foreground execution. 

Add telemetry and diagnostic output to understand dynamic flow and what might be happening internally.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

UART pins are idle high. no problem there. Likely you have a code bug causing the issue.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".