cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The accuracy of the Flash memory characteristics in the datasheets. For STM32L432KC.

AEl Y.1
Associate II

Hi, I have been conducting some memory benchmarks to try and reason about how long it takes to program the flash during runtime. The procedure is to erase the page in the flash, then write to it using the flashProgram and flashErase functions provided in this library I am using https://github.com/GrumpyOldPizza/arduino-STM32L4/blob/master/cores/stm32l4/STM32.h.

I confirmed that the procedure is working properly because I can scan through the flash to read what I have programmed to confirm that it has been programmed correctly.

However, I am observing flash erasing and programming times roughly one order of magnitude better than what is included in the datasheet (under section 6.3.10 of the STM32L432KC datasheet). I wanted to ask why there is such a large difference and if it is to be expected. I am observing programming single page takes around 1ms, whereas the datasheet states it should take around 20.91ms. The same is observed for erasing, which took me around 1ms but according to the datasheet should take 22.02ms.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks a lot. I’ll look into this soon.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Set a pin at start and reset of exit and watch with a scope.