cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peripheral current/power consumption data for STM32L476RG

AHass.1
Associate II

Dear community,

I am planning on using the STM32L476RG for a project. That project is a low power application, so the current consumption is really important to this project. However I cannot find any reliable source for the current consumption of the peripherals on the L476.

For example, the F407VE has a neat table in its specification (Table 28 in DS8626) where the typical current consumption for all peripherals is given. It's a great way to estimate the total current consumption in a system in the planning phase of a project. The only thing I could find in this regard is chapter 6.3.5 "Supply current characteristics" in DS10198. Problem is: the supply currents listed there are only given for the case that all peripherals are off. I can't derive my total current consumption from that if I plan to use a UART, a timer, an ADC and so on.

However, I could not find such a table for the L476RG, which is... odd, to say the least. Since the L series is advertised as a low power controller I would expect that one can find such parameters in the datasheets expecially for the L series.

Did I miss something? Can I find similar data for the L476?

Thank you advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

My DS10198 Rev 8 has "On-chip peripheral current consumption" on p 148/270.

AHass.1
Associate II

Yeah, that is... awkward. It is right in the chapter 6.3.5 I mentioned. I looked for an hour on this datasheet and still did not find it. Maybe I need glasses.

Thank you for your help.