cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U5A Wake-UP from stop mode 3

bjackson96
Associate II

Hello all,

I am using the STM32U5A5QJ in a project and I had a question about some of the wake-up modes. I would like the microcontroller to be in stop mode 3 most of the time until it receives an interrupt from a sensor to return to normal mode. The data sheet seems to specify two ways of doing this and I’m wondering which is correct or if both can be used.

1. In Table 9. STM32U5Axxx modes overview it says the wake-up source for stop mode 3 is one of the 24 WKUPx I/O’s.
  2. There is also a section under Extended interrupt/event controller (EXTI) where it says “The EXTI wake-up requests allow the system to be woken up from Stop modes.”

They both seem to say that they can be used to wake-up from stop mode, is this correct or should one be used over the other?

Thanks for your help,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Helll @bjackson96 and welcome to the ST COMMUNITY 😊.

According to the RM0456, you can exit the STOP 3 mode using WKUPx pin edge, RTC/TAMP event/interrupt, NRST pin external reset, IWDG reset, BOR reset. 

Screenshot_2024-02-09-20-45-23-73_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Helll @bjackson96 and welcome to the ST COMMUNITY 😊.

According to the RM0456, you can exit the STOP 3 mode using WKUPx pin edge, RTC/TAMP event/interrupt, NRST pin external reset, IWDG reset, BOR reset. 

Screenshot_2024-02-09-20-45-23-73_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly! 

Thanks for the clarification.