cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L412 Issue with ADC

Aj_123
Associate II

I'm finding difficult to get the value from the channel that i configured of a regular channel with stm32l412 microcontroller. where I'm not getting the EOC interrupt enabled in ADC_ISR register. 

and When I tried to get data from ADC_CDR register, it throwing error on me like there no like this register is exists.

Really not understood why is happening like this.

Please help me in this.

9 REPLIES 9
TDK
Guru

> When I tried to get data from ADC_CDR register, it throwing error on me like there no like this register is exists.

Show the error.

Typically you read from the ADCx_DR register for a single ADC.

Lots of examples in CubeMX on how to use the ADC.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @Aj_123 

The forum moderator had marked your post as needing a little more investigation and direct support. An online support case has been created on your behalf, please stand by for just a moment and you will hear from us.

Regards,

Billy

AScha.3
Chief II

>When I tried to get data from ADC_CDR register

How did you try ?

ADC_CDR is 32 bits and has two parts...

AScha3_0-1707849558606.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

CDR.pngCDR_error.png

Aj_123
Associate II

This is how i tried but, i don't know why it's happening. I have not even seen CDR register is there in registers list. Please acknowledge and respond. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Aj_123
Associate II

Please have a look into this. I'm trying to enable both regular and injected in ADC_CCR register so, we have to read from ADC_CDR regiser. Your help will be greatly appreciated. RM_CDR.png

TDK
Guru

The common ADC register is at ADC12_COMMON->CDR, not ADC1->CDR.

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/cmsis_device_l4/blob/013bf0e41256ffbc2b539676f2007d08b297a86a/Include/stm32l412xx.h#L976C9-L976C29

Aj_123
Associate II

could you give me an example of this logic to read data from it .

I don't know that it has the data you want, but here is how you would read the two fields in the register:

uint32_t cdr = ADC12_COMMON->CDR;
uint16_t upper_field = cdr >> 16;
uint16_t lower_field = cdr & 0xFFFF;