Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L412: can't toggle PD2 on a custom board

VasuManiV
Associate III

Hello,

Am working on STM32L412RBT6.

We made a custom PCB for our product and Am trying to PD2 as digital output as toggle function.

I can't able to find any high output at PD2. The pin PD2 is always remains low.

Please help me on this 

29 REPLIES 29

@VasuManiV wrote:

Yes @SofLit we have a nucleo board to evaluate our code. Even i have tested with that. Am getting low at that pin always. Even i have tried to make that pin high instead of toggling.

So here you confirm that even with NUCLEO-L412 board you're facing the same behavior? So I can test it from my side!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@SofLit Yes please do test and let me know 

Sorry, but NUCLEO-L412 has an LQFP32 package which doesn't have GPIOD port on it especially pin PD2, could you please clarify?

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/nucleo-l412kb.html

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

No its a LQFP64 package. Please check the snap which i took from the NUCLEO-412RB schematic

VasuManiV_0-1718293010308.png

Umm well unfortunately I don't have this board (NUCLEO-64) on hands but I can provide you a very simple project on which I toggle PD2 and you can test from your side and get back with the result.

But you didn't answer that question: do you confirm that even with NUCLEO-L412 board you're facing the same behavior? 

But pin 54 is PB3 , not PD2 . Right ?

+

Which LED is there ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Attached a simple project toggling PD2.

But also need to check the solder bridges SB16 and SB18:

SofLit_0-1718294383494.png

SB16: needs to be soldered and SB18 needs to be disconnected.

VasuManiV_0-1718294543519.png

There is not LED in NUCLEO board. We need a LED to blink to show fault status in our application.

Sorry i forgot. Yes we are facing the same behavior in NUCLEO-L412RB board. As you can see that in schematic, PD2 is not going anywhere and it is coming directly to the connector. I have probed at the connector as well as in controller pin (54th).

According to the datasheet pin 54 is PD2:

SofLit_0-1718294691106.png

But in CubeMx if you create a project based on the NUCLEO-L412 board you get pin 54 is PB3! It's based on the default solder bridge SB18 soldered/SB16 disconnected:

SofLit_1-1718294933580.png