cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L082KZ ADC load resistance

JWeij.1
Associate II

I am trying to create a voltage divider to read a battery voltage of 2.5 - 3.8 V using a STM32L082KZ with a Vref of 1.8V. While calculating the required division to measure the range i wanted to include the influence the ADC measurement/loading has on my division but am unable to find a specification that shows this value.

My question is, how high is the ADC resistance loading? I can see it is a SAR ADC so i would expect only parasitic resistance, but is this in the order of tens of kilo ohms or mega ohms?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

IMG_9085.jpeg

IMG_9083.jpeg

Dear @JWeij.1  @TDK 

infomation is inside our datasheets and in particular in your case the impacting factor is the internal leakage as you are measuring a static voltage of battery that change very slowly. figure 29 - in range of 50nA ..

then you can put and select your right resistance values to minimize battery draw and have good accuracy of measurement.

Hope it helps you 

STOne-32

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Generally, it's on the order of 50 kOhm, but it depends.

TDK_0-1722010353103.png

If you are sampling quickly, it can be much less.

TDK_1-1722010379773.png

See details in the datasheet.

stm32l082kb.pdf

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

IMG_9085.jpeg

IMG_9083.jpeg

Dear @JWeij.1  @TDK 

infomation is inside our datasheets and in particular in your case the impacting factor is the internal leakage as you are measuring a static voltage of battery that change very slowly. figure 29 - in range of 50nA ..

then you can put and select your right resistance values to minimize battery draw and have good accuracy of measurement.

Hope it helps you 

STOne-32