cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H753XI-EVAL2 + IAR + I-Jet binary download error

KGane.1
Associate III

Any one have the following configuration.

HW: STM32H753XI-EVAL2

Toolchain: IAR EWARM 8.20.2

Debugger: IAR I-jet

I am getting "Download completed but verification failed." error for the example project UART_HyperTerminal_IT in STM32 MCU Cube Firmware Package Version STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0

Debugger always throws error: Download completed but verification failed.

Note: With IAR v8.22.2, I was able to download few time. It was failing randomly. After downgrading to 8.20.2 it is failing always.

I did downgrade IAR version to match with one the demo project(STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0) was developed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KGane.1
Associate III

Tried the STM32 Cube Demo projects. The results are same. Verification Failed. Confirmed by using Cube32 programmer and reading flash memory.

Recovered through the following.

• updated onboard STLINK firmware
  • upgraded IAR to support STLINK V3

After the upgrade, its OK now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KGane.1
Associate III

Tried the STM32 Cube Demo projects. The results are same. Verification Failed. Confirmed by using Cube32 programmer and reading flash memory.

Recovered through the following.

• updated onboard STLINK firmware
  • upgraded IAR to support STLINK V3

After the upgrade, its OK now.

So working now?

Watch for board level conflicts, correct Flash banking options/settings. Check cross connectivity of SWDIO, SWCLK, SWO(TDO/PB3), NRST. For Trace check jumpers related to high order address bits on FSMC.

Current DLLs for ST-LINK, both IAR and KEIL

Note patches for various tools are in the repository

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Utilities\PC_Software\IDEs_Patches\EWARM\EWARMv8_STM32H72x-73x_Support_V0.2.zip

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes. Upgraded to IAR v9.10.2. Working fine with both STLINK and I-jet.

Thanks for patch details. I haven't applied the patch yet. Will install the same.