cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H750VB Hangs while accessing data using MODBUS protocol

nanotronicsnss
Associate II

Hi

I am developing a dispenser. The dispenser has a CPU, Keypad, Pulsar and Display each board developed with STM32H750VB. In that I have done the coding for MODBUS in CPU. While the machine is IDLE the MODBUS works correctly and i am able to receive and send data. While dispensing the CPU gets the pulses from Pulsar using UART2 at 160 pulses per liter and the CPU will send that data to display using UART4.The baud rate of the UART transmission is 57600.While doing the above operation when I require the running data from CPU, I will be using MODBUS(9600 baud rate). So when I read data using Modbus the UART4 data transfer stops and CPU hangs.

i)Can anyone suggest how to debug this error

ii)Can two UARTS running with different baud rates can be accessed at the same time?

iii)I will be receiving the pulses using a while loop and MODBUS function is written in Timer interrupt .so is there a possibility that the control will not return to the while loop?

1 REPLY 1
nanotronicsnss
Associate II

The baud rate of the MODBUS cannot be changed and I have explained that problem in this link kindly look into it and suggest whether there is any solution.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000x0XHMSA2/stm32h750vb-modbus-timer-calculation