cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use USB OTG HS using ULPI protocol for accessing files from USB drive

Abin
Associate III

Hai ,

At present I am working on STM32F205VET6 series for interfacing USB Flash drive. Here I need to access certain files from the memory. So I am using a connectivity USB OTG FS (ULPI) Dual Role. I searched the reference and library for this protocol to access my flash drive but I couldn't find any. I have few doubts on this.

1. Do I need to create separate modular file for accessing the Memory drive based on the ULPI timing diagram?

2. How can I Read . Write, Delete files from the flash memory. ?

3. Is there any Programming manual or coding examples are available?

Can anyone help me on this.

3 REPLIES 3
Piranha
Chief II

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/93670/difference-between-usb-and-ulpi

First you need an USB software stack and implement an MSC (mass storage class) device. Then you need a file system driver. I recommend TinyUSB and FatFS respectively. Such a task is not for beginners...

I already done this in my microcontroller,and verified. I used the FatFs file system for my SD card as well as USB  with Host only mode, using file system drivers. My question is , whether the mentioned controller will support USB OTG HS -> Dual role ?

When I enable this the corresponding HAL file directory or Low Level directory is not generating.  

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Abin 

You mean USB OTG HS -> Dual role in your first post?

Some recommendations are provided to use OTG_HS PHY through ULPI. Section 3.4 , ULPI is available to primary I/Os via multiplexing.

When I enable this the corresponding HAL file directory or Low Level directory is not generating.  

Could you explain more? 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.